What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 3000 cooling fix?

sswilson

Staff member
That's pretty cool (pun intended).

Maybe the AIO manufacturers should consider licensing it and including it with their coolers (or at the very least offering an AMD enhanced version of their AIOs)?

lowfat

Staff member
It is only meant for water cooling that uses a jet plate, so the jet plate is directly over / in between the CCDs. I've never looked in to AIOs much, so I'm not sure if they use a jet plate or not.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
It is only meant for water cooling that uses a jet plate, so the jet plate is directly over / in between the CCDs. I've never looked in to AIOs much, so I'm not sure if they use a jet plate or not.

Hmm? The article states this works with AIO's, and they tested it with a 4c drop on a H100.

lowfat

Staff member
Hmm? The article states this works with AIO's, and they tested it with a 4c drop on a H100.
Looks like modern Asetek units use one.

Der8auer did a vid on this 5 months ago. Setup seems way too much work for a couple of degrees. :eek:

The non-AIO one is a lot more work.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Looks like modern Asetek units use one.

Der8auer did a vid on this 5 months ago. Setup seems way too much work for a couple of degrees. :eek:

The non-AIO one is a lot more work.

For 35 bucks I'll give it a try if I can find it in Canada.

lowfat

Staff member
4c is significant imo.

Maybe if you are bouncing off 95c and you are throttling. A 4c drop won't even get you 25MHz.

In Der8auer's vid, he said that it wouldn't benefit air coolers at all because they designed to spread heat out across the base of the heatsink.

I think it was GN, that tested that last year and found it to within the margin of error.

Latest posts

Twitter