What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 3000 REFRESH Coming Up?! 3750X and 3850X!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with AMD. So we know that Zen 3 base Ryzen 4000 CPU’s are coming this year, we’ve been reassured of that many times before. But they won’t come until way later in the year, and while this year a quarter release window is pretty normal, it looks like AMD is preparing something to keep us occupied in the meantime, A refresh!

According to HXL on twitter, AMD is planning a refresh of the 8 core Ryzen 7 lineup, a 3750X and 3850X, HXL also says those 2 are not equipped with graphics, which makes sense given the lack of G at the end and he even goes as far as Leaking the announcement and release date. The announcement would be on June 16th, and the release on AMD’s favorite day, July 7th.

Now as usual, take this with a pretty big grain of salt. It does feel like this information comes out of the blue. But, it seems like gigabyte kind of gave it away. Hassan from WCCFTech shared a gigabyte slide for the presentation for the launch of B550. Note that this slide was made before the whole Zen 3 AM4 debacle so it isn’t accurate for zen 3 compatibilities. Anyways, Look on the left side, we can see that the Ryzen 3000 section says, Matisse AND refresh. If you’re wondering, the gen 4 there is most likely for PCI-E gen 4. AND Yes, unfortunately, that means Renoir APU’s won’t get support for PCI-E 4.0. It’s something we’ve seen noted on B550 motherboard product pages.

Going back to the rumors of a refresh, I wonder what it will be. It seems like the only real option here is a clock speed increase, and the Infinity fabric rework for higher clocks on memory for lower latency. Just to refresh your memory on the infinity fabric clock speed and ram clock speed relationship. You can check out a video I made on the subject last year. In that video I talk about the threshold where the infinity fabric goes from 1:1 to 2:1 mode which spikes the raw memory latency. It used to be around 1800Mhz, but AMD has been rumored to bump that up to 2000Mhz for Renoir apu’s so it would make sense if it was part of a Ryzen 3000 refresh. This would allow for DDR speeds of up to 4000Mhz without going into 2:1 mode.

It is a super late release though. Other possibilities are that those CPU’s would be for system integrators only, or that AMD plans on doing a staggered release for Ryzen 4000 starting at the high end. That way, those refreshed CPU’s could last a few months before the 4700x or whatever come to life. I mean look at how staggered Ryzen 3000 already was, 6 to 12 cores released in july, 16 cores in November and quad cores just did a few weeks ago. Once again though, huge grain of salt.

Entz

Is bootsequence new, I really should pay more attention lol.

I am going to guess its like dailyish news from around the webs and there is just a lag in posting. so this one came before the other, but we seen them at the same time.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

I am going to guess its like dailyish news from around the webs and there is just a lag in posting. so this one came before the other, but we seen them at the same time.

Couple years old now, focusing strictly on tech news. Posted the last weeks worth (sorry to spam) but will post them as they go live moving forward for anyone interested.

Mr. Friendly

well, if you look, every single article was posted in the last 30 minutes...so this one doesn't make much sense. it was probably just in the que of what to get posted so the fact it's old / inaccurate info was likely forgotten. ;)

Latest posts

Twitter