What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen Embedded V1500B

Entz

Ubuntu and VM the rest.

Edit: Actually for something powerful I would just VMWare on it and use it as an all in one box (IOMMU the disk controller).

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Sad thing is 2400 can get you a something like a Dell R7515 with full blown EPYC 7302P 16C32T processor in it.
Big... and probably loud... I don't have any space for a 26" deep rack server either. Trying to consolidate down into less space :)

But yes, I realize a big portion of the price (likely) goes into their QTS OS, and another piece goes into their custom motherboards.

I suppose the TS-873AU only came out in August though, so it's basically brand new still.

I could go the path of re-purposing my Ryzen 2700 and finding a small-ish case that holds 8 HDD's and do FreeNAS or unRAID. Just a bit tricky to migrate the data over. I'm always a bit reluctant to have my storage on "consumer" hardware too though

Entz

Yeah it probably is. The 873AU is a wonderful bit of kit I just hate their rack pricing lol. How much more is the 12 bay, if your going down that route, it may worth it for future usage? Though I think you end up with the -RP models which can be noisy.

if it was in the 1500$ range I would order one in a heartbeat. As much as I love digging around in a DIY environment, QNAP and Synology are wonderful. Just not 1000$ wonderful. That’s a 3080 😂

edit: yikes $3200... 200 a slot 😞

Latest posts