What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen Memory Compatibility

Full Metal T-Shirt

I have a noob AMD Ryzen question I hope someone would please help me with... When looking up compatible memory for my motherboard on ASrock's website it shows different lists depending on which CPU generation (Raven, Summit, Pinnacle). If I have a memory kit which shows it's compatible for Summit Ridge but isn't listed for Pinnacle Ridge, will the memory still work for a Pinnacle Ridge processor? I want to upgrade my 1500X to a 2600 and need to know if I need to upgrade my memory too.

JD

Staff member
You should be fine, however the newer chips prefer faster memory, so it may still be worthwhile to upgrade depending what you have.

I'd go up to the 3600 though if you can. The 2600 isn't a huge leap from the 1500X, beyond getting 2 extra cores.

Full Metal T-Shirt

You should be fine, however the newer chips prefer faster memory, so it may still be worthwhile to upgrade depending what you have.

I'd go up to the 3600 though if you can. The 2600 isn't a huge leap from the 1500X, beyond getting 2 extra cores.
Thanks a lot for your help. I already have the 2600. I noticed the 1500X was bottlenecking my GTX 1070 so I got it about a year ago but haven't had the time to upgrade until now.

Mr. Friendly

what RAM from Kingston or Corsair is best for Ryzen 3000? Looking for 32 and 64GB kits of 16B DIMMs around 3600mhz.

board will be the GB X570 Gaming X.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
what RAM from Kingston or Corsair is best for Ryzen 3000? Looking for 32 and 64GB kits of 16B DIMMs around 3600mhz.

board will be the GB X570 Gaming X.
Technically? 3600 of the lowest CL you can find. If its on the QVL, even better.