What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core And 1920X 12-Core CPUs Primed To Undercut, Outpe

Caldezar

So far AMD has been coming up roses for 2017. If nothing else, it's fantastic to have some real competition in the market again to drive down prices.

I am torn between R7 1800X and I7 7800X. Even the naming schema butts them against each other.

Last edited:

EmptyMellon

Hopefully the motherboard manufactures will produce some good "Workstation" boards, with proper VRM heatsinks and less plastic heat insulators - less "Gaming", more "Workstation".

Lysrin

Wow those are some pretty impressive scores in Cinebench. What do we think of the pricing? $799 and $999 USD.

frontier204

Hopefully the motherboard manufactures will produce some good "Workstation" boards, with proper VRM heatsinks and less plastic heat insulators - less "Gaming", more "Workstation".

:thumb: Motherboards are the only thing preventing me from getting a Ryzen board right now. Something with solid networking and proper ECC RAM support (because I want to play with stuff like Redis which is 100% in memory); additionally if they could drop the RGB lighting, "killer NIC", and sound codec that would be great too.

What will be the price for X399 boards? I do not recon them cheap. 300+ USD on top of 800 USD. It starts biting.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Wow those are some pretty impressive scores in Cinebench. What do we think of the pricing? $799 and $999 USD.

Too pricey for me, but to be honest, I'm glad AMD has something to charge this kind of money for. Will wait for the reviews and motherboards, etc. but I don't mind AMD having the confidence to charge the big bucks for premium.

Latest posts