What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

amd shortage

geekkyyy

i see that tsmc makes amd chips, and intel makes their own. due to the fact that tsmc is behind in making chips for everyone, i was just wondering if their can become a amd shortage. i thought there might of been with the r5 5600x , but it seems to available now in a few places...i got scared, and snagged one up, being fearful that amd could be like the graphics cards shortage..is this possible?????>

moocow

The AMD CPU shortage started already and we are currently in one. Depending on which CPU you're looking for, the shortage situation got better (like 5600X) but things like 5900X and 5950X are still pretty tight I think. I'm still using my 1600AF and an old 290X. I would love a new GPU more than a CPU at this point since it can still get 60FPS with a decent card. The prices are stupid high so I'm sitting this one out and saving money for the next generation stuff. Unless the prices of GPU never comes down, then I'll have to get an outdoor hobby or talk to live people (god forbid).

gingerbee

most of their higher-end chips are finally starting to be in stock there still a little overpriced but at least you can get them, from what I have seen there about $50 to $100 dollars over MSRP

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
most of their higher-end chips are finally starting to be in stock there still a little overpriced but at least you can get them, from what I have seen there about $50 to $100 dollars over MSRP
CAD is getting the shaft due to the USD tanking. Retailers have to buy stock usually on a 6-12 month timeframe locked in at an exchange rate. We wont see changes on that for a while, depending on when retailers locked in last.

Latest posts

Twitter