What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD system

nToxik

Once you have everything going, don't forget to undervolt your Vega 64 otherwise it will throttle itself because of heat.

CTA

On aircooling? oh thanks! BUT I can save my heat bill haha.

Well I dont have a chance to assemble so busy. This week I hopefully use this new AMD system!

I also realized AMD system is very different than Intel so I have to read the guide to set it up properly such as as thermal paste, ram, etc

nToxik

Yeah on air cooling. I have the same Sapphire Vega 64 that I just purchased and installed a week or so ago. If you don't undervolt, you may see your GPU speeds quickly drop from ~1550mhz down to ~900-1200mhz like a yo-yo which will cause stutter, FPS drop, etc. After undervolting and increasing fan speeds, I get a constant 1570mhz-1590mhz on the GPU. I was even able to increase HBM memory by +100mhz, which now runs at 1100mhz. This is all done through AMD's Wattman which is built into their latest Radeon Adrenalin software.

Normally you overvolt GPUs and then manually increase frequencies to overclock but with Vega 56/64, it is a little different. Vega automatically tries to run at the highest clocks it can but both Vega and HBM memory run hot and this causes Vega to reduce it's clocks significantly. However, if you undervolt you produce less heat and Vega will then try to increase Mhz automatically. If you Google 'undervolt Vega 64' you should see a number of posts on people's results.

I can also share my Wattman settings if you like to see if you can match or even improve on them.

CTA

A few days ago, I just put all assemble the parts together... it was pretty simple but I can't help to notice quality of 2700x heaksink... so low quality... and didn't realize that there is another M2 gen 3 at under of the heatsink. so I researched a lot.. it's fine for now.

Yesterday I can't use DVI-D so I tried to use HDMI and it's not supported 1440 and really terrible color quality. I searched so hard and found the DP cable from the dell box and now it able to support the 1440. I also played a lot with window 10 as I really hate it very much... so different than I used on my currently PC. For Vega64, it runs so hot but the cooling is doing not bad.. I still am not able to figure how to undervolt it because AMD software is just hard to surf.

It was kinda long way to adjust to the new PC but I really need to finish customzie case project soon.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter