What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD takes a stab at Fermi

sswilson

Staff member
Is this being linked to from the ATI website? If not, is there any confirmation that it's actually been released by ATI themselves?

Seems a bit silly to me, especially since new(er) Fermi models aren't as bad in the heat department as the initial release.

sswilson

Staff member
Doesn't really strike a chord with me... if it's satire that's been uploaded from a personal account, it stands a chance of being funny.... this just looks like a lame attempt at making a bit of news, almost like the cheezy satire put up by undergraduate political hacks working on an election campaign who later get "outed" as trying to pose as "concerned citizens" when in fact they're insiders.....

It's certainly not funny enough to go viral for anybody other than the most rabid fanboi.....

Opeqa16x

I like how the one guy says "I bet we'll find something green in there" when AMD's logo is green.

:bleh:

tzetsin

I find this bloody hilarious.

Iv got both a 5870 and 2 gtx 480s, I had to... "HAD TO" watercool them. (no not because i wanted to, but because i HAD to) just so i could use them in the case i had for the build. Without the WC they were running over 110C each and the noise was incredible. (yes the case has pretty crappy airflow but even with great airflow they ran at just shy of 100C, and a different case was non optional)

I wouldnt recommend a Fermi to anyone.

Realityshift

Seems a bit silly to me, especially since new(er) Fermi models aren't as bad in the heat department as the initial release.

Agreed, a little to late on the uptake.

Newer cards are running in line with ATI and im sure eventualy we will see rehashes of the 480 (485 ish) that will run cooler.

DkRk

It's good for a laugh. nVidia's done it before, especially when they made fun of their own FX "Dustbuster" 5800, and I hope they take a shot at ATI to keep the funny coming.