What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Unifies Branding, Kills off ATI

FiXT

Hall of Fame
While AMD opted to keep the ATI brand name after the buyout in 2006, it is finally time to wave farewell to the iconic trademark and accept its green overlord.

NVIDIA will now be competing directly with AMD branded graphics cards as the move merges all future products under one company banner. The transition however will not do away with the spec... [ Read full article ]

Jonwall

While AMD opted to keep the ATI brand name after the buyout in 2006, it is finally time to wave farewell to the iconic trademark and accept its green overlord. NVIDIA and Intel will now be competing directly with AMD branded graphics as the move merges all future products under one company banner. The transition however will not do away with the sp... [ Read full article ]

_dangtx_

Banned
interesting

sounds a bit like 'the integra that was too good' a name+fame to have between our plain regular ones.

HalifaxPete

At this time (for me), ATI = graphics, AMD = CPUs and chipsets

In my heart, I still think of ATI as being Canadian

My rational side accepts that chipset/cpu integration of graphics and marketing unity provide the reasons for the abandonment of the ATI brand.

RIP, ATI brand :sad:

G

My Radon 7000 pci is going to be a artifact now, While I might not understand the exact idea behind it, since I dont agree I certainly hope in the end it is good for the enthsiast comunity and not the other way around.

Zero82z

Banned
Screw AMD. They never should have bought ATI in the first place, and now they're killing off the brand once and for all. Here's hoping the graphics division at least continues to do well.

Jokester

Not sure why they are bother to do this, the current setup having the two names seems fine for the consumers. And people always talk about ATi cards as just that ATi not AMD. Maybe it pisses them off.

traitoR

Must be getting close to the product refresh, first drivers have support for new SKU's then performance numbers leak and now an announcement that future products won't carry the ATi branding.

Sushi Warrior

Something to do with Fusion IMO, it also looks good for "AMD" to have better GPU's than Intel for SURE. The fact the IGP with their laptop is the "same brand" as a 5870 or 5850 just works well for them.

Latest posts