What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

American Netflix

clshades

Is it even possible now or what? I tried a couple proxy sites to see if it would help but both hulu and Netflix detect the proxy and only Canadian content is available.

TIA

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It looks like they blocked all the DNS addresses you could find on Youtube.

igot6strings

You want to use Unblock-Us
$5. Its DNS based. Not proxy.
Works with much more than just Netflix. BBC Iplayer, Pandora and just about everything else from everywhere that I've tried.
Highly recommend it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
If you're using web based, you can try Hola add-in. Its still working for me.

clshades

Ok so the unblock-us... does the browser need to be open all the time when running Netflix? Also do I need to run a web-based Netflix to use unblock-us? Or can I simply pay for it and and use the Netflix app that comes with boxee? I tried using their DNS ip addy (I can only add one) and while the app seems to be working I am definitely not getting American content. I get the Canadian content that is 2012 on most TV shows and I'm not getting any current EP's of the TV shows my wife watches (which is sort of the key to the whole kabang)

Also how is it that a Canadian subscription can access American content? Surely they know wtf is going on?

Apologies for all the questions I was trying to figure it out for several hours last night.

I tried hola on the boxee it's a nightmare and I don't think it works with the pre-installed browser that comes with.

thanks for the input fellas.

Alpine

i have no problem when i am connected to US-based server with PureVPN

rfglass

I use US-Unblock and have the dns info on my router , all devices including my netflix blueray player run american netflix, also pc's and laptops. HULU is a nice american site also.

enaberif

While it may be a pain in the ass but you can setup a couple of scripts to automatically change your DNS on your PC from local ISP to something else to allow US sites to work.

Latest posts