What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy An HTPC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

genericllama

I've come to a point where I'm just not satisfied with having my spare mid-tower sitting in my living. It's clunky, big and just doesn't look nice.

Having been inspired after reading into the Steam machines, I've decided that I'ma transplant the ATX rig into an HTPC case and have it run as a little SteamOS/XMBC rig (mostly for fun hahaha).

In an ideal situation, I'm hoping the potential seller lives locally in Montreal(MUCH prefer local pickup - But can do Paypal or EMT)

The case must:
Supports a standard ATX mobo and power supply
Includes a fan or two
Looks relatively acceptable :bleh:

45-50$ would be an ideal price but would consider paying more if need be.

Contact me via PM or in this thread as need be, I'll try to answer as soon as possible.

Llama

marty007

Do not have a case for you, but maybe a little suggestion...

Have you given the Intel NUC any thought? I purchased the Celeron based version from DirectCanada last month, slapped in a 4GB stick of memory and added an old 500GB laptop drive. All I can say is WOW. Speedy little system, silent and with the HDMI 1080P output, nothing more can be asked. Got the whole rig up and running for $200.

PM me if you want my specs.

Marty

genericllama

Although that would be fun to set up, I just dont think im willing to thrown down 200 bucks for a new media center rig when i know i can covert my old one.

Beyond that, replacing the case (although not necessary) would just be more aesthetically pleasing/saves space and gives me a good excuse to donate my centurion 590 to a mate (who plans on building a rig soon and is on a tight budget).

regardless, I appreciate the consideration.

MARSTG

htpc cases to support ATX motherboards are quite expensive from what I see on newegg. I think you would be better served with a mini atx tower and just lay it down on one side.

genericllama

htpc cases to support ATX motherboards are quite expensive from what I see on newegg.

Yea, been eye-balling prices for awhile now. It's a little disheartening but keep hoping for a nice little sale. (the Fractal Node 605 is currently on sale on newegg, but it's still outside of my desired price range - which is unfortunate because the case looks extremely sleek and I'm a bit of a fanboy haha.)

I think you would be better served with a mini atx tower and just lay it down on one side.

Although not a bad idea, i'd probably feel better (in the long run) if i were to pick up a Cube case instead.

For now, ill keep hoping a forum lurker or two find/have a spare ATX-HTPC case for sale hahaha

genericllama

If you wanna go fast and dirty, this might be an option.

Antec NEW SOLUTION SERIES VSK-3000 Black SGCC steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Newegg.ca

I might have a mini-ITX cube case coming up for sale, but I can't say exactly when until the replacement shows up. I'm such a case whore. :sad:

Unfortunately that specific mini tower doesn't support standard ATX mobos - even then, the mid-tower case im using currently IS my fast and dirty temp solution :bleh:.

My eyes and ears remain open and hope hasn't been deterred..... yet

KaptCrunch

Unfortunately that specific mini tower doesn't support standard ATX mobos - even then, the mid-tower case im using currently IS my fast and dirty temp solution :bleh:.

My eyes and ears remain open and hope hasn't been deterred..... yet

then go to locale PC recycling for old desktop case

and spray the color to match your decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts