What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android 10 rolling out to Pixel devices

Lysrin

I haven't honestly been paying much attention to Android 10 (or Pixel 4 yet for that matter) but apparently it started rolling out to Pixel devices 3 September. Not on my Pixel 2 yet. Anyone have it?

Seems like a lot of new features: Android 10 - Google site

New gesture navigation, again... :rolleyes: I'll try and reserve judgement on that until I use it for a while.

Lastly, here's an article about which phones should expect to get Android 10 offically: Android Central - Will my phone get Android 10?

And apparently they have finally abandoned the dessert code names, at least publicly, and apparently not because it was too hard to come up with a Q dessert 😁
More non-dessert info... and lots of q word jokes...

I tend to look forward to phone OS updates. Hopefully 10 will be good. Maybe it will keep me for eyeing a Pixel 4 (famous last words...)

JD

Staff member
Yeah if you go check for updates you should get it. I installed it yesterday on my Pixel 3. A friend with a Pixel XL got it too.

Dark mode is nice, a lot of the first party apps support it now too, hopefully thrid parties follow.

Gesture navigation, while better, I still put it back to 2 button.

Some minor tweaks to the status icons, font and sizing seems a bit different.

Lpfan4ever

So jealous, still sitting at 8.0 with the February security patches. Yay LG...

Really makes me wanna go the Pixel route next go around.

Lysrin

Once I went, well Nexus first and now Pixel, I've never looked back. The direct access to "pure" Android, new OS versions, and perhaps more importantly security updates each month is very much worth it to me. And now that the cameras in the Pixel phones are so good, no reason not to go with the direct from Google experience if your preference is Android. IMO anyway ;)

Only downside is that gone are the cheaper Nexus prices for a nice phone. The Pixels have become premium unfortunately, or at least premium priced. Picking up the previous Pixel gen used has been my pattern. Pixel 2 is still working great for me.