What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android issue(Solved)

Shadowarez

New issues with new Samsung S9+ installed apps on SD card thinking great saving space nope SD died would not remount so had to take it out but now left with these hidden apps that dont work I can't install or uninstall them anyone know how to clean these out so I can use em?

Only fix was doing a complete reset.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shadowarez

It's the Back Home Forward buttons on bottom of screen it's bright white very distracting I'm noticing it more and more.

Issue is area marked in red

Attachments

Last edited:

Lysrin

I don't think it is a problem, I think it is just the UI choice when you're in certain apps. I see the same on my Nexus 6P on 8.1. Never even noticed tbh but tested when you pointed it out. Not sure what the deciding factor is for colour of the bar. Several of my apps have the white and and others keep it black. Not a bug or anything though. It could be related to the change Google made to prevent burn-in on the new Pixels but I don't know that for sure. That seemed more related to dimming the buttons themselves. In the Android API developers do have the ability to set the nav bar colour.

Some people have had some success apparently with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.damianpiwowarski.navbarapps although it doesn't work perfect everytime it seems. The setting that uses the colour of the active app might be worth checking out. I haven't tried so just passing on as an idea.

Shadowarez

Ty lol don't know why all sudden it's Buring my retinas lol now that I notice can stand it. I'll see if there's anything I can do change it lol.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I'm not sure what issue you are describing, but if you are trying to show burn-in via screen capture that won't work as the issue is hardware on your end and the screenshot is a software method.

If you are using a screen that has AMOLED then there are two things to watch for; image retention (which is temporary) and image burn-in, which is permanent. The only way to avoid burn-in really is to ensure that there is not image shown in one spot for too long.

Manufs usually try to implement some kid of pixel shifting to help counteract burn-in. If your manuf did not do this, there might be a rom you can try over at XDA where the developer implemented something to combat the burn-in, or has allowed for the nav bar to be over-ridden with one of your choice.

Lysrin

As I said guys, Shadowarez issue isn't about burn-in I don't believe. The nav bar changes colour based on the application you are using, some choosing to display white, some black, some transparent (like the stock Camera when taking 16:9 photos). It isn't a bug, it's a "feature" ;)

Like JD said, switching to Firefox might solve the behaviour in Chrome but not the several other apps I tested that are also showing white bar. An app like the one I linked might help though.

Shadowarez

The NAV bar suggests works thanks lysrin also Firefox works I'll leverage both thank you guys saved my eyesight from being burnt ��

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter