What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android issue(Solved)

JD

Staff member
Sounds like Google is moving to white across the board though, so you may have to start getting used to it...

Hopefully your phone has a "night mode" or "low blue light" mode, that should make white more yellow and help.

Lysrin

So glad I'm still running v5 lol. To many ugly changes since v6

I dunno, I think overall Android has improved a lot in 7 and 8. Much more cohesive UI design. Still not all the way there but much improved imo. But I am running stock Android from Google.

enaberif

I dunno, I think overall Android has improved a lot in 7 and 8. Much more cohesive UI design. Still not all the way there but much improved imo. But I am running stock Android from Google.

Yeah but my S7 doesn't bode well for 6 and newer lol.

Lysrin

Yeah but my S7 doesn't bode well for 6 and newer lol.

You mean isn't likely to get updated? Yeah, that is the problem with this smartphone (or tech) world. Planned obsolescence to make us buy something new when the device we have should be fine! :blarg: Ah well, keeps the innovators innovating, I hope...

enaberif

You mean isn't likely to get updated? Yeah, that is the problem with this smartphone (or tech) world. Planned obsolescence to make us buy something new when the device we have should be fine! :blarg: Ah well, keeps the innovators innovating, I hope...

Oh no it gets updates but with most android hardware, older stuff doesn't work well with the new versions.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, dropping the ability to move apps to an SD card really affected lower end kit. My 8GB phone is now starting to give me low storage messages after updates with very few apps installed. I suspect I'll have to do a factory refresh every now and then in order to remove the accumulated detritus.

Latest posts