What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android Phone as PC system monitor

Lysrin

That is a neat idea. I have a couple of old phones that could be candidates for that. I'll add that to the to-do list :)

Izerous

Folding Team
Honestly a really efficient way to use an old tablet/phone for a pi monitor in general would be handy. System health monitors not so much. It is amazing what I can tell is happening just form the fan curves

Lysrin

Honestly a really efficient way to use an old tablet/phone for a pi monitor in general would be handy. System health monitors not so much. It is amazing what I can tell is happening just form the fan curves

Aw come on @Izerous ! It looks so purty!! 😝

Izerous

Folding Team
Aw come on @Izerous ! It looks so purty!! 😝
Not with that visible USB cable...

Actually honestly very cool for minimal effort and good re-use of older harder just not something I'd ever utilize. The visible USB cable does actually irritate me though. I'd spend the $5 on a 90' usb cable at least i think. Odd side effect of this is that the phone would also always be on since it is battery powered even when the computer is turned off and just show an error message about lack of connection?

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
You don't need a USB cable, that's to keep the phone charged. I've got this hooked up to my Razer 2 so I can check temps easily. You do have to pay $1.49 to unlock the dashboard with the pretty graphs, but it's worth the money.

Izerous

Folding Team
You don't need a USB cable, that's to keep the phone charged. I've got this hooked up to my Razer 2 so I can check temps easily. You do have to pay $1.49 to unlock the dashboard with the pretty graphs, but it's worth the money.

Dead phone isn't going to help you inside the case though and not going to want to pull the side panel off to constanly plug it in-unplug it.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
What I'm saying is that you don't need an OLD android phone inside your case, it works just fine on your NEW android phone in your hand or on your desk. Or downstairs in your living room to check temps while your son is playing upstairs, which is how I used it last night. I hadn't done any temp monitoring of my 2080, now I know that it's doing ok for airflow how it's mounted.