What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Android version 6.0: Marshmallow - Power saving issue - Now, Bluetooth signal issue

danmitch1

So I have an older tablet, its the Asus zentab 8s its a really great tablet actually with a 2k screen.
I recently had issues with internet slowing down on it and found out that there was an android update that you can get but you need to manually install it to the root of the tablet yourself. Not too sure what the reason was to not automatically push it but maybe this problem was one of them.

It updated from lollypop to marshmallow and really sped up the tablet in many ways starting with zippy internet again!
BUT there was a caveat (maybe more) the friggen power saving feature!!! %(@*%%&*#@%^

Before, I could set it to keep the network enabled when the screen turns off.. I could play my radio, screen turns off, radio keeps playing.. now, what ever I do, turning off the screen disables the network!

I tried setting the advanced WIFI to keep network ALWAYS awake when screen sleeps.
I went into the power saving app and changed the power saving to normal (keep networks enabled)
I even set the power saver to only turn on between 11pm and 5am..

No matter what, the screen turning off switches the power saver to ultra power saving and overrides the advanced wifi setting I put.
So its kinda ironic but this super aggressive power saver app is forcing me to set my display to always on/never sleep defeating its purpose completely...

Last edited:

danmitch1

Ok, im learning to live with the power saving problem but im now noticing that my Bluetooth signal has seemingly reduced strength. I used to be able to go almost everywhere in my apartment with out the signal dropping out on my headphones, not so much now.. any clue what if anything I can do ?

Latest posts