What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Announcement: All Beavers_Gone_Bananas folders please read

chrisk

Folding Captain
Fellow folders:

there are a lot of folks taking part in the Chimp Challenge that feel we did not represent the awesome contribution of the NCIX folders to the beavers_Gone_Bananas effort. this is not true, and the other captains agree that we did nothing wrong.

That said, the new points system was meant to give all teams a realistic chance of winning by getting some new members, and additional science done.

Last year, the contest was over quickly due to the size of Evga. There was real concern that some teams would not take part this year as the contest was a foregone conclusion prior. The fact that Evga has great support in their folding dollars program, added a level of tension to that 'foregone conclusion.'

The new system was supposed to focus on recruitment...not simple PPD output. It is also supposed to create team spirit, by getting all folders to work together to fold under one name.

What is clear is that due to the awesome contribution of the heavy hitters at NCIX, we have run away with the competition. this has left us with a similar (although not exactly the same) situation as last year. A team has run away with it right away.

This has lead to some conspiracy theories that quite frankly, are ridiculous but unfortunately does not put HWC or NCIX in a positive light. This is certainly not the purpose of the CC.

So the captains have agreed to a solution proposed by FiXT and myself that takes into account our 'unexpected' increase in PPD from our friends at NCIX.

We will be taking a 30% hit in the amount of points needed to get a CC Point, retroactively.

We are still effectively tied with OCN right now for first.

I know this reeks of issues that I am not comfortable with. As the captain, I take full responsibility for this and if you are not happy, feel free to PM me or say so.

HWC and the NCIX guys, I thank you sincerely for all the work you have put into this so far, and I truly hope you continue to contribute now, and after the challenge.

Deviant

Meh. Win or lose, at least this won't deter people from quitting and encourages more recruitment. That's all that matters IMO. At the rate we are going, we were adding about 3CP/day as our lead with the PPD/CP. Fold on!

Lpfan4ever

I think it's silly, no matter what way it's done, somebody is going to have an advantage. There's no way to keep it completely even. I swear this was a competition for the sake of folding, not just for bragging rights.

But if this makes people happy and stop complaining, then whatever. So be it.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Well I think 30% is kind of extreme but if it keeps the other teams from complaining, so be it.

30% was the rough amount that NCIX's current PPD decrease over their 24H AVG relates to our total BGB output.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
As I stated in a private discussion, because of the relative size of our team compared to EVGA and OCN, every additional folder has a greater percentage impact. If we pick up 1 million PPD in additional help, it's a 50% increase for HWC, but would only be a 8% increase for EVGA.

However, I totally disagree with changing the rules partway through the challenge. This was discussed by the team captains before, and they were fine with it. It was obvious to me before the CC started that we'd have an advantage, as our average PPD during the 5 month total was 1.6 million, and immediately before the CC it was 2.2 million. We'd already increased our team PPD by 25% before the competition even started, and now we're being punished for that.

I'd suggest for next year, that the running average be taken from a period closer to the CC, rather than go back 7 months.

_dangtx_

Banned
:doh::doh::doh:

but hey!

its all for fun right? :D

foooooooooooooooooooold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

badatcards

I think Every team should have a little added to their AVG's. They all got big hitters from outside their F@H community that the rest of us dont know about:ph34r:. TPU has a huge Crunch team and I'm sure the other team's have all have big Poem/Bionic / whatever to get people to switch from or now to hide PPD for next year:whistle:, We dont. Every team should have a little extra added to it, Not just us.

chrisk

Folding Captain
I think Every team should have a little added to their AVG's. They all got big hitters from outside their F@H community that the rest of us dont know about:ph34r:. TPU has a huge Crunch team and I'm sure the other team's have all have big Poem/Bionic / whatever to get people to switch from or now to hide PPD for next year:whistle:, We dont. Every team should have a little extra added to it, Not just us.

The new handicap does not affect the folders we have recruited, or the additional output given by those who sometimes fold. We are still in first, and this is a testament to the participation rate and the new PPD we got.Way To Fold

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
So where do we send the cheese?

All of the captains agreed to a set of rules. It should be a given that numbers will go up in a contest of this nature, some NCIX folders coming over was a known item, deal with it. Any time we offer prizes we get oodles of people jumping on the bandwagon.

Latest posts