What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Announcement: All Beavers_Gone_Bananas folders please read

Xeven

Ok. So lets go ask for more of our brothers at ncix to join us! Oh wait, thats totally pointless as we're not allowed to get help. We'll only merit another points adjustment because as you know its cheating if its us, otherwise its ok. The whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm never gonna join this "challenge" again.

badatcards

If this years CC is a recruitment race, and the other team's have a hard time recruiting 50%-75% of their team to join and we recruit 100%+ of are team:bananafunky:, We should win:whistle:. The other team's know how hard it is to get their own people to switch over just their CC username, The fact that we got a % of a different team to switch over to are team should give them a reason to give us a pat on the back and say good job, not call us cheaters:censored:.
Instead of them whining and trying to make us feel guilty for winning they should try to make their own folders feel guilty for not helping.

sswilson

Staff member
So let me get this straight......

The current points system was put in place to reflect average output in order to reward teams for an extra effort over and above their normal output, and we went out of our way to ensure that the other teams not only knew that some of NCIX would be folding for us, but also ensured that they knew about our all_your_hamsters_are_belong_to_us shenanigans so that it wouldn't skew the numbers, and yet, somehow we're still being accused of trying to cheat?????

You can colour me extremely unimpressed.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yes. This never came from the captains BTW, but general forum complaints.

Edit: I have said that we had folders folding back and forth...I did not make a big deal about the hamsters thing, but said we fold back and forth.

Last edited:

Inik

Folding Team
As long as we fold like champs, but it also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I just feel like the real focus of this competition is not where it should be!

CoreX5

Unfortunately not all captains educated their teams well enough as to the new system it seems. But beyond this some people didn't bother to read all of the information.

It is a new system and there are growing pains. I would like to applaud the captains though for making the change when they did. It is a competition but it is also a celebration of folding and a great coming together for the teams. The captains put the goal of folding ahead of the contest and tried to keep the fun in the Chimp Challenge.

So thank you to Chris and FiXT and everyone for all their hard work in not only getting the Chimp Challenge going but trying to keep it on track. It is no easy task with so many competing interests involved.

Being Mother's day and reflecting back on the last 10 years of taking care of my Mother with early onset dementia and being faced with nothing but continual deterioration at far too young of an age, I'd like to hope that everyone takes a step back and looks at the bigger picture. The real reason I fold is so that no one else has to go through what I have had to for the last number of years.

Besides the Canucks aren't out of it and it will be even better when HWC wins and the other teams have NOTHING that they can complain about.

JayDeeHobbit

I think you made a good (albeit tough) choice Chris.
IMO the important thing is that we remember what folding is all about and that we continue to advance the cause of folding and your decision reflects that desire IMO. :)

Go Beavers! Go Bananas! :)

JayDeeHobbit

Being Mother's day and reflecting back on the last 10 years of taking care of my Mother with early onset dementia and being faced with nothing but continual deterioration at far too young of an age, I'd like to hope that everyone takes a step back and looks at the bigger picture. The real reason I fold is so that no one else has to go through what I have had to for the last number of years.
Amen CoreX5.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Isnt offering prizes and getting new folders what this competition is all about? So 'others' are pissed we did the same thing as EVGA did last year, but now because its some underdogs this year it is suddently 'cheating'?

Puh-leeze.

Latest posts