What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Announcement: All Beavers_Gone_Bananas folders please read

JayDeeHobbit

Some people tend to take the "competition" aspect a little too seriously, and the folding takes a back seat. We are all here because we want to make some contribution to this
Yup 10e for some "winning" is the Jade Monkey.

Last year HWC came in 5th (I believe) but there is no doubt, IMO, HWC were winners because of the fun and team spirit the CC generated here and I hope the other teams were "winners" as well by that definition.

So let's "win" again this year weather it results in the Jade Monkey or not. Look at:
1) HWC team participation = Win!
2) Team members who have stepped up their folding = Win!
3) Bowing to what we might feel is possibly unfair for the overall good of folding = Win!
4) The blessing of the Mighty Hamster = Win!
5) Charlie Sheen goes into rant/tantrum demanding a "Beaver blood transfusion" so he can also be full of = Win!
6) Determination of team HWC to overcome sillyness = Win!
7) Folding advancement = Win!!!

Slaughter

Should have another GPU up shortly.. Just waiting for it. I'll see what else I can get going. Might be able to pull out a few more i7 920 systems.

I smell a brown-out across Canada in the next few days...

geokilla

If I can get my mom's PC working, I'm gonna throw in a 9600GT in there. Hopefully she won't notice the slowdowns caused by GPU folding...

Inik

Folding Team
I'll add my gt240 tonight :p

My 560 is messed up a bit... going back to 2D mode after 2 days, but a reboot fix the issue

10e

Since Asus is sending me a GTX 480 for replacement of my long-dead GTX 295, it's gonna go into the PC as well.

From what I've read on MaximumPC's forum, I'm sure that I was one of the "folders" that was singled out as adding significant points to HWC's team.

So what's my solution?

Add more points :punk:

Lucky for them my Android phones don't fold :rofl:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Since Asus is sending me a GTX 480 for replacement of my long-dead GTX 295, it's gonna go into the PC as well.

From what I've read on MaximumPC's forum, I'm sure that I was one of the "folders" that was singled out as adding significant points to HWC's team.

Ironic considering you folded for us before the CC anyways. :thumb:

jibz

I have a gtx 460 sitting in my closet because I don't have an extra PSU capable of power two 460s. I put one 460 in my server box :)

Eldonko

IM running a 2600k @ 5Ghz, 2500k at 4.6Ghz, and a GTX 460 in each system. Probably 60k ppd or so.

10e

Ironic considering you folded for us before the CC anyways. :thumb:

Yep, and I also folded for last year's CC, but because of this Chimp Point business, and the fact that HWC is blazing trails it caused a stir.

No biggie. We'll see what kinda PPD I can pull out of my Beaver Hat in addition to the above extra 480. :ph34r: