What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another Federal Election

DK2

sore losers, from what I've seen they are trying to wiggle through without an election, with Dion as PM.
Whole thing sounds stupid, which when you think about it, it fits perfect, stupid.

3 of 7

It's our system working the way it was designed to...
They don't have to call an election, just form a coalition and become the government...
I still think Harper and Emerson should be publicly hanged until dead for treason against Canada over the softwood lumber giveaway, so my views may be a little slanted..
Good riddance to a petty little dick tater.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Lol yeah that is a mess. I try to keep my political opinions out of forum discussions. Lets just say I am pretty disappointed with the developments all around, as something needs to be done about the economy (we made commitments at the G20 summit that we have done nothing about yet). The government has done little about it yet, and installing a new government will slow down any real help as well.

chrisk

Folding Captain
That's it. I think all the parties have now earned a spanking, and bed without supper (or a pension).

Easy there Vulcan....the government will fall if you take away party funding, there is no telling what will happen if you take away the pension! :help:

Chilly

At least be happy our government (and by this I mean our series of laws and etc, not their effectiveness helping and providing services to us) works. In any other country this sort of talk would get the head of state(ie Steven Harper) to send out elite commandos and take out his political rivals. Or if it was Bush, he'd rig everything making even the though of this impossible. I agree that its simply squabling today, but be happy it works when tomorrow there may be a real reason to kick a current PM and his Gov't out.

3 of 7

I think if you take away public funding of the parties you wind up with one party.. Guess who would fund it?
The same idiots that the states is bailing out right now..
One step closer to corporatocracy.

kirk_d

It's our system working the way it was designed to...
They don't have to call an election, just form a coalition and become the government...
I still think Harper and Emerson should be publicly hanged until dead for treason against Canada over the softwood lumber giveaway, so my views may be a little slanted..
Good riddance to a petty little dick tater.

The way I understand is that if a motion of no support or no confidence is passed,

John Harper asks the Governor General to dissolve parliament and call an election?

I think that's how it works!

Latest posts