What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed another good and oldie - project Overlord, custom made scratch build

raziel1981

so this one is another oldie of mine, when i went for a full scale scratch build (well almost full). However credit is due to Arkadur from iopanel.net whom I actually bought completed frame from. Arkadur actually sketched and designed the frame of this chassis with the core concept in his design being that it should be fully modular and that idea worked quite well all in all as I made some modifications of my own to his original plan. In terms of size this thing was actually enormous with a height of ~1.10m and a width that could easily contain ~2.5 haf 932s within it. Other then that, admittedly the paint job was absolute rubbish as I never been overly talented with these kind of touches and it was also my first adventure into full scale case modding so... in the grander scheme of things I still consider it a success for what I was trying to achieve in it which was a case that could actually be as up-gradable as I could ever need and contain a crap load of water cooling gear in it. But, with time I realized that I just didn't need it and actually thrown the case to the junkyard after over a year of having it in my house.

General design:
3 floor cube case, first floor - motherboard+gpus+hdds
second floor - power supplies - flex atx for water cooling gear, enermax 950w revolution for rig
third floor - water cooling gear - pumps ,fans, rads

rig hardware (as far as I remember from those days):
mobo asus rampage III formula (x58 chipset)
i7 950
gigabyte windforce x3 670 gtx
12 GB ddr3 corsair ram

cooling gear:
2x swiftech mcp655
2x swiftech mcr220
EK dual bay res
4X scythe gt 1850rpm fans
cooler master 230mm fan for motherboard section

2REhKWZ.jpg

tC7ixTu.jpg

JSONDhQ.jpg