What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another milestone

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
You can Fold with the CPU and the GPU in [email protected]

If by your RAC you are talking about cruching with BOINC on the Rosetta project, then you can only use your CPU. There is no current GPU support for that project.

Your RAC will become higher, since the formula they use to compute the RAC is based on a 2 week half life exponential decay formula. This means the take all your crunching you've done for RAC calculatioon but consider at an higher rate the one you did in the last 2 weeks.

I know that Chalie3.0 is also folding with Q6600 so you could look at his RAC numbers for that computer as a guideline of what you should achieve as RAC if your o/c is the same.

To do so just click on is user tag in the team and then on the computer link here :
Computers belonging to 3.0charlie

His Q6600 is currently achieveing about 870 RAC. Buy reference, my E8400 is at 1100 but I have longer uninterupted crunching, so My RAC will be higher for a while.
My Q6600 is crunching at 3.0GHz ATM, for the last 4-5 days only though. The QX9650 was at stock until last night, when I bumped it to 3.5GHz. Been cruching for 4-5 days too.

Both are crunching on 3 cores though, since I'm using the 4th for GPU folding.

encorp

Ahh Okay, I didn't really know there was a difference between Rosetta and [email protected] until just a little bit ago haha. I was crunching at 3.0ghz but was having errors as everyone knows so until I figure out what it is I'm on stock. Normally I crunch all day right now and when I get home I'll play some games and surf so I turn it down to one or two cores and then actually I shut it down for the night till the early AM when I go to work (gotta let my baby rest! lol). I rarely work less than 10-12 hours a day so there is a good jog in there for it to fold away, plus it keeps going for another 4 on two cores while I'm home.

Jon_di2

Congrats [email protected] Team (I think I have about 500pts on there... dont think that counts though :whistle:)

BOINCers wil be in 200th very very soon... I think if we continue at this rate we will be in the low 100's in a few months.

SugarJ

Staff member
I see Team Canada in 198th place on Rosetta, maybe we should ask them if they want to join in before we blow by them at Mach 2? :biggrin:

encorp

HAhaha,

Omg I just had an Idea I know others have probably done if it's possible. Can you have two video cards installed, not Xfire'd or SLi'd and fold on one of them and then play on the other? Man then I could game all I want and not even care!

matsta31

Hey Encorp,

I see less computing error ! Was is the rosetta software or the O/C ?

Thanks Wilson, looking at the RAC if we keep it up, we will be going up really fast. :clap:

encorp

I'm sure it was the OC, and 99% sure it was the OC on my memory. I actually didn't reinstall the software. Not because I doubted it'd help, but because I wanted to keep everything a constant and make sure it was or wasn't my OC. I benched my CPU a lot more than my memory. In all honesty those Redlines are in some instances too good, cause It took FOREVER to show errors on any voltage/mhz and no matter what software I used I really had a hard time pinning down errors, then all the sudden I'd be gaming and I could sort of feel a difference, I could tell something was off so I'd retest and boom; Error! Anyways I eventually gave up lol and left them with what I felt was my best becnhes. Well I'll have to go back and work on that ram tonight and through the weekend.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter