What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another mobo dead?

encorp

Sooo over the last week my buddies comp started acting up, then last night it shut down and refuses to boot again; I'm pretty sure it's the mobo; typical symptoms.. it turns on for a split second and then off again. I've taken everything out to make sure I wasn't getting a short from the case... I'm almost certain it's the mobo, the PSU is a brand new Corsair TX750... don't think I really need to list the parts but will if need be, mostly guessing you'll all confirm my hunch.

Safearus

Well, I saw this happen before with a HSF that wasn't completely mounted onto the CPU. Just a thought

Arinoth

Staff member
Fun the "fun" i had with my g/f's "old" mobo that ended up having to get RMA'ed, it sounds like it is the mobo.

encorp

Fun the "fun" i had with my g/f's "old" mobo that ended up having to get RMA'ed, it sounds like it is the mobo.
Yep, that's what i think.... anyone know a way I can turn it on and off without using the case? can I jump the pws?

Arinoth

Staff member
What Saf said, you can short or jumper the power pins together with the psu connected to nothing other then a case fan to see if the psu does this problem on its own

encorp

What Saf said, you can short or jumper the power pins together with the psu connected to nothing other then a case fan to see if the psu does this problem on its own
Yep; I jumped it, and it does the same exact thing. Damnit, just built this thing two weeks ago... haha crap! Anyone got a spare S775 mobo I can borrow?

Latest posts

Twitter