What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another new build, don't ask!

encorp

Cosmos S..... :)

I know I love the case, just everytime I look at it I see that unpainted inside and think of how much work it'd be to blast that down and get it to my liking. I can't stand the look of that unpainted steel! There's a lot to take apart on the Cosmos S.

cwestwell

That is what keeps me away from coolmaster plus the lingering aura of cheapness I have known them for over the years is hard to shake off.

encorp

They're newer cases have been pretty top notch I think.

I just can't stand seeing steel or aluminum inside a case. Might consider a hefty Lian Li possibly too.

cwestwell

Yeah there new cases are a whole other step away from some of there old gear. Now if they could only paint the inside and maybe come up with a nicer tool less design I find it looks a little cheap I had bad luck with the similar designs from Thermaltake.

encorp

Yeah there new cases are a whole other step away from some of there old gear. Now if they could only paint the inside and maybe come up with a nicer tool less design I find it looks a little cheap I had bad luck with the similar designs from Thermaltake.

Thermaltake is definitely on the cheap side of things, I would really like to see some more tool-less design from a lot of companies.

Here's the case I'm considering right now: New Lian Li case TYR PC-X500 - [H]ard|Forum

cwestwell

Yeah Ive spent quite a bit of time eying the X2000 but it's just so much money but the X500 is a nice alternative I love the side panel optical drives I always keep my tower on my desk so its a wicked feature for me but they also get some points for building a definitely different style of case....strange but sexy...mmmm handcrafted aluminum

encorp

Yeah the X2000 is mad nice, but it is 500 bucks! LOL, I can justify the 400 for the X500 because of the quality and the fact I usually spend about 75 bucks between blasting and repainting the inside black.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not seeing too many possibilities for an internal WC mount on that case. Is there something I'm missing?

encorp

I'm not seeing too many possibilities for an internal WC mount on that case. Is there something I'm missing?

Probably not, you know better than I do LOL. I figured I could mount the rad in the front side if I removed the fans etc; maybe you can provide some insight? lol

cwestwell

From the measurements Ive seen the X2000 could fit a triple rad in the front and double in the top...but the X500 is a much smaller case I dont think you would want it for a WC build.

Latest posts

Twitter