What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another peculiar GPU cooler from Cooler Master: CoolViva Pro Review by X-Bit

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
This is a fairly universal (and bulky) active cooling solution which boasts silence and a 35 dollar price tag as selling points. Personally, I'm not convinced that these two things will make it stand out enough- especially given that's it's not particularly attractive.

"Stock coolers of some graphics cards from ATI and Nvidia have been criticized on our site for being too noisy. I think that a graphics card cooler must be very quiet, besides just being good at cooling. Such factors as price, compatibility, ease of installation and others become unimportant when a high-performance cooler proves to be too loud.
Cooler Master seems to agree with me on that point as it has recently released a new graphics card cooler, CoolViva Pro (RV-UCH-P7U1-GP), with a declared noise of only 20dBA. And the low noise level is not the only strong point of the CoolViva Pro. This cooler is said to be able to cool effectively not only the GPU but also the PCB elements surrounding it. The manufacturer declares compatibility with all modern graphics cards and ships the product at a recommended price of $35."

ramrod60

Not a big fan of aftermarket GPU Air coolers but that seem a bit pour results to me. No ?
Au contraire mon ami...normally, the coolers on stock cards are noisier and don't do as good a job of cooling. So if you want to do any overclocking - I would rather go with aftermarket - depending on price. Arctic Cooling and Zalman are the big sellers here but Zalmans are a bit too expenive.....you might as well get an already OCed/better factory cooled card.
I would love to buy this model based on the review to give me piece of mind as I crank up my 7900. At least this model/maker seem to make a model that fits most cards and it is cheaper/better than the Zalmans.
I have checked the 1 dealer in Quebec and they are not in stock yet.
Price is 30$-35$A....Zalmans are 50$C.
BTW Another review site: hardwarelogic dot com

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
And now we all see what a properly polished base can do for cooling...:ph34r:

sswilson

Staff member
I dunno.......

I'm a little leery of the mem & vrm temps on the 1950 series.

Those temps play a key role in running a 1950 pro @ stock speeds let alone when trying to OC.

Patriote

Au contraire mon ami...normally, the coolers on stock cards are noisier and don't do as good a job of cooling. So if you want to do any overclocking - I would rather go with aftermarket - depending on price. Arctic Cooling and Zalman are the big sellers here but Zalmans are a bit too expenive.....you might as well get an already OCed/better factory cooled card.
I would love to buy this model based on the review to give me piece of mind as I crank up my 7900. At least this model/maker seem to make a model that fits most cards and it is cheaper/better than the Zalmans.
I have checked the 1 dealer in Quebec and they are not in stock yet.
Price is 30$-35$A....Zalmans are 50$C.
BTW Another review site: hardwarelogic dot com
Yeah i heard Zalman's one are mucho popular. But i actually don't know about these aftermarket cooler because i always watercool my GPUs! :bleh:

Twitter