What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Another VS thread... P7P55D Deluxe vs P55 FTW

0o0

Banned
I'm looking at the p7p55d deluxe and the p55 ftw, both new and including all accessories sealed. Both come with their respective warranties. I will never run triple graphics cards, both mobo's look like they have very good designs. Here are the differences I've found so far:

EVGA Wins at:
-where the 'northbridge' location is, asus looks naked while evga has a nice light there
-vrm heatsinks and a chipset heatsink that look functional instead of just pretty
-very reputable customer service, good community
-3 bioses (which I don't need, but otoh asus doesn't even have a backup bios)

ASUS Wins at:
-more vrm phases (I think it was 16, vs evga's 12? Is there a difference in quality per phase?)
-better looking OC remote control
-Stack Cool 2
-no silly and ugly lga775 holes to weaken socket area
-pcie 8x slots are 3 slots apart (instead of evga's crammed 2 slots wide)

Also, how much do you guys think each mobo would be worth in terms of price? Thanks.

mkultra

no silly and ugly lga775 holes to weaken socket area

seriously? i'm sure for 99% of people this is a pro not a con

i think it comes down to which manufacturer you like most or which board you think look better.
personally I'd go with EVGA

ForTheGG

You need to remember that P55 doesn't have a northbridge, everything is controlled by the DMI that the northbridge used to do. So the lack of northbridge bling should be irrelevant. Both are great boards, I did a build for a friend and used the entry level P7P55, got his i3 530 to 4.0GHz in 2 minutes. The BLCK remote (so I've heard) is great, on the fly adjustments. EVGA however is second to none when it comes to customer service.

jcmaz

I think the LGA775 holes are worth it so you can use your previous cooler on it :)

Also, EVGA has lifetime warranty??? vs ASUS's 3 year warranty.

0o0

Banned
I think the LGA775 holes are worth it so you can use your previous cooler on it :)

Also, EVGA has lifetime warranty??? vs ASUS's 3 year warranty.
Those two are of no importance to me. Well that's not true, the first one is a disadvantage and it's just not true.. I think I'll be getting the asus after all:biggrin:

10e

Those two are of no importance to me. Well that's not true, the first one is a disadvantage and it's just not true.. I think I'll be getting the asus after all:biggrin:

You made a good choice. I have a P55 FTW and an Asus P755D-E Pro (I know not a deluxe) and I was able to get a higher BCLK on the same CPU on the Asus with lower unloaded and loaded VCore and VTT voltages.

The Asus also seems to work better with G.Skill memory than the P55 FTW with my modules (F3-12800CL9D-2GBRL). 1600mhz was tough with the P55 FTW, but I'm at 1624mhz with the P7P55D-E Pro (203X8)

The P55 FTW is a good board that has been marred with some "questionable" BIOS updates, while the P7P55D line seems to work a bit better out of the box.

Soultribunal

Staff member

Not sure I get what you're saying about this?

The first is a disadvantage? Why is that? The board is not weaker because of it, and it allows any 775 cooler to be used on your i5 Rig.

Anywho, either one at the end of the day will work for you. I just think EVGA does have the better CS when it comes to their products.

ST

Latest posts