What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Antec EarthWatts vs Corsair Builder Series

LarkStarr

Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 600 Watt

vs.
Antec EA-650 Green EarthWatts 650W

(it copy - pasted like that)

I don't need a hugely significant amount of power, but if both PSUs were the same price, what would YOU go? Your opinions please and thanks!

_dangtx_

Banned
forgot who the oem for the first is (seasonic?)

but the second should be delta, as of a little while ago

both are strong units, no worries.

ilya

The Corsair unit is a CWT. It reaches 80 plus efficiency but certification was forfeited by Corsair for the same reasons as the HX series losing gold. It also only has 480W on the 12v rail

The Antec is a 80 plus bronze unit with 650W across two 12v rails made by Delta.

I would go for the Antec, but as much as I like to hate on CWT and their green tape, in my personal experience they make more durable PSUs. (though not by a large margin)

_dangtx_

Banned

LarkStarr

again, it's for nothing large, these things will be powering single 260's and dual cores. I might just hit up the antec's anyways.

_dangtx_

Banned
if it was the h/t x series id go that way,but i think the green might be more solidly built than the value corsair one :)

_dangtx_

Banned
lol. that was quick. let us know upon the acoustics. i chose earthwatts for reliability and low noise :)

Latest posts