What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Any news on availability or price on ROG MAXIMUS XI Gene?

realrena

Does anyone know when would the Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI Gene will be available in Canada? I tried hard looking for dates, and estimated price but there's nothing available on google.

If not, would there be another comparable Z390 or even Z370 mATX board that would be available on the 9900k launch date?

Restricted to mATX due to use of Level 20 VT.

Thanks in advance!

JD

Staff member

realrena

Thanks for the links! I should've specified my feature set earlier. I'm primarily looking at:
Integrated Wi-Fi
RGB backlighting on the board itself
Good VRMs

I've looked through them from Anandtech as well, but all the listed ones have its "quirks".

Asus TUF Z390M - 3 audio jacks only instead of 6 (Speaker setup, but prefer not wiring from fp_audio header). Unknown VRMs as of yet.

MSI MPG Z390M - not really a quirk with the specs itself but with MSI themselves, horrible bios imo on their z370, and personal experience with the reliability of MSI motherboards is somewhat short.

Gigabyte Z390M - Missing RGB backlighting, but somehow its missing Wi-Fi. Not sure why there are pre-made holes on the I/O shield for Wi-Fi antennas but doesn't come with it.

Last edited:

fubar

Isn't the 9900K being released, officially*, on October 19th? I suspect more Z390 boards will be released then. Probably some mATX as well?

JD

Staff member
Are you just running a single GPU? I think the mITX ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I covers all your requirements, though it wouldn't "fill" your case.

I don't think there was much for the Z370 either, the closest would probably be the ROG Strix Z370-G, and it looks like that's hard to come by as well.

flocons.de.mais

I'm also very interested in the Maximus XI Gene. Officially, it's not being sold in NA as of yet, but I do have a friend that works at ASUS in Canada, who is saying that it could be coming early this new year. Fingers crossed! I hope she is right!

flocons.de.mais

A quick update: the ASUS Max XI Gene now has a product page on their Canadian website. This was not there when I was looking for the board before the new year, so this may he good indication that we may be getting it here soon!

Latest posts