What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Any way to prove rogers wrong?

Cadence

(the reason i made the techsavvy vs rogers thread)
Last thursday, I was surfin and then the rogers "you have reached 75%" thing popped up, and i said okay... I was utorrenting GRID which only had about ~15% left (out of about 6.14GB) .
Some info : i'm on the 60GB plan [5mb down/1mb up]
Next day , my dad tells me he got the "you have reached 100% on your cap" i tell him thats impossible because my torrent stopped dling at 2am and so it starts seeding...he told me this at 7PM on the friday.
My issue: How is it possible that I used up 15GB of bandwidth over lets sayyy [2am - 7pm = about 17hrs?] if nobody was home to download anything?

Is there any way to prove rogers wrong? or should I just try to argue?

Infiniti

Which router do you have? I know that there are some that record your monthly traffic. You can possibly use that against them, I guess.

M

member 3099

You would've used about 6.5GB of uploading for 17 hours... not quite 15 but close? What does utorrent say for total uploaded?
And that 75% notice was probably not TO THE MOMENT of your usage of 75%, so maybe you were closer to 85%....

death_hawk

Since you reached your cap, you might as well just cough up the extra $25 and download all you want until your next billing cycle.

And I could have sworn I read somewhere that the warning doesn't pop up until 24 hours after you've hit it. (Keep in mind this is me pulling something out of my ass, so I have no source for it.)

Cadence

tyreman

(the reason i made the techsavvy vs rogers thread)
Last thursday, I was surfin and then the rogers "you have reached 75%" thing popped up, and i said okay... I was utorrenting GRID which only had about ~15% left (out of about 6.14GB) .
Some info : i'm on the 60GB plan [5mb down/1mb up]
Next day , my dad tells me he got the "you have reached 100% on your cap" i tell him thats impossible because my torrent stopped dling at 2am and so it starts seeding...he told me this at 7PM on the friday.
My issue: How is it possible that I used up 15GB of bandwidth over lets sayyy [2am - 7pm = about 17hrs?] if nobody was home to download anything?

Is there any way to prove rogers wrong? or should I just try to argue?

Chances are they know whats gone thru the pipe.
Just get on the higher plan, you can do way better with it.
I went on that plan a couple years ago
Its cheaper really in the long run.
Teksavvy is DSL isn't it?
Don't thnk its as fast as cable. Generally.
I know one shouldn't generalize.
Thats why I went cable
DSL here stinks, in my specific area
Depends where you are really.
If in an area with DSL phone lines that are not upgraded then its just not as good.
Rogers came thru here about 4 years ago and redid this older area while the DSL provider did nothing and a known issue here.

Last edited:

Cheator

dont trust those systems at all. I have never seen that bandwidth popup thing, but I did get a phone call at work from them telling me i was close to the cap... this was on the second billing day of the month, and I never even come close to my limit...

Cadence

well yeah, only reason i'm trying to find a way to prove them wrong is because i KNOW i didnt use 15GB in less than 24 hours especially when nobody was home. and we all know that rogers are always trying to find ways to rip people off -_-

encorp

The systems used to tell how much you've used are terrible at best. They don't actually know to be honest. They also rarely charge if you go over; I've gone over many times and they've never charged me extra money. That being said; without taking it to court you can't prove them wrong, and that's not going to happen.

Also those messages are never accurate; they send them out almost willy nilly because I've received it two days into the month..

Latest posts