What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anybody here still running c2d or c2q CPU?

mrrhtuner

Hey guys, I've browsed this forum before and finally decided to sign up.

Just wondering, has everybody pretty much moved onto i3/i5/i7's or do some people still use OC'd core2duo or core2quad CPU's?

I have a E6750 that I would like to replace with a Q6700, I don't play much games and it should be able to handle my day activities.

Anybody still running an LGA775 socket desktop?

moocow

I'm 5 C2D in my house. But the one that does any major activity is in a Hackintosh. Once in awhile someone does put up a E8400 for like $50 in the BST section. What exactly do you do with your computer? Upgrading to a Q6700 is marginal unless you do CAD or graphics and have the RAM for it. You may have better luck finding a used first gen i7 then a C2Q at this point.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I have a single system left, not running anymore since I had to pillage its DDR2 RAM lol.

But, yes I do.

-ST

Arinoth

Staff member
I am using an E6750 as my desktop computer at work for autocad and some image processing. Other then the start up bloatware we have installed I have no issues doing my job, driving 3 monitors.

I do. See my sig. BF3 all max multiplayer makes it sweat blood.

mrrhtuner

Thanks guys!

I have a E8400 in my server and was thinking of putting the E6750 into the server and the E8400 into the desktop. I'm looking to OC the desktop a bit, I do play dayz and the occasional BF3. The system has 6gigs of memory so its pretty decent, but I was thinking that having 4 cores as opposed to 2 would benefit multi-tasking and such.

Soullessone21

Been donating all my C2D and C2Q systems as of late down to just 8 core FX's and a few i5 ivy's oh and some opteron servers haha

Latest posts

Twitter