What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anybody here still running c2d or c2q CPU?

dadzilla

E6750 in my casual surfer. That machine downloads a bit too. It's fine on the net with just 4 gig ram, really what do you need to view pages? Games of course, well......

pitz

Pair of Core2Duo laptops here, T7500 and T7700, for my desktops. With dual LCDs on each. No reason to upgrade them at all. 5 years old, may very well run another 5 unless the other stuff falls apart.

Actually the only itch I have to upgrade the laptops is to put 2560x1440 (or even 4K) screens on them instead of the WUXGA I use right now. But considering the cost of 4K displays right now, I think I'll pass.

Have an i7-2600 that runs the servers/virtual machines/all the 'business' end of the operation very well. It was a massive improvement over the Phenom II 550 BE it replaced.

elmorejohn46

I still have a Q6600 computer in my closet that still works great.But I also have a old i7-920 in the closet which I keep just in case something happens to the one I am running,But my i7-3820 is not that much faster in games then my old i7-920 unless I run the 3820 at 4.8gigs. My Q6600 system is good enough for searching the web and still plays most games decent but it is overclocked to 3.2gigs.

On2wheels

Not sure where my Phenom 9650 fits in around these c2d and c2q, but I'm so used to it's performance, I don't know what I'm missing. It runs most games in a playable fashion for me, but if someone could convince me in words what I'd see immediately I might grab a mid range mobo/cpu bundle and finally a SSD. One of those typical scenarios where "you don't know what you're missing if you've never had it". I really want to try an Intel setup, but just want a simple bundle package from my local retailer.

LionRed

Still running a E5200 here in the HTPC (if is dies the e6600 will go in it). More than enough power for running stuff and pretty low power consumption.

MacJunky

I am still using my Phenom X4 9950 in a Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H with 4GB RAM and a GTX460. It generally gets the job done but waiting until Haswell might get painful. :p

zeus_anoxia

We still have a Q9550 in the house. It's in my son's room and it runs pretty much 24/7. It's about 4 years old and, as long as I trade-in and upgrade the video card about once a year, my son is happy with it. I think he did an OC on it but I'm not sure.

Photograph

Pentium Dual Core E6300 user here, more than fast enough for my HTPC and old game collection (2010 and older)

Latest posts

Twitter