What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone else notice...

richuwo11

even if you could find a good deal on a site in the states, you would still get raped on taxes and duties for it coming over the border, so in the end its still cheaper to buy here.

b1lk1

Besides all that, DirectCanada has the best prices online in Canada. Period. Despite some of their minor (and I mean minor) flaws, DirectCanada ROCKS. I buy from them alot and they are the place to shop in Canada online. Forget about the dollar being even. You won't see prices fall anytime soon to reflect that. Just try importing $550 worth of stuff from the US and you'll pay the import fees and taxes on top of what you already paid making it cost even more.

Gamashinoch

duty yes...taxes? It's electronics you don't pay taxes on electronics.

So if our dollar breaks $1 US..say $1.10-1.20 you don't think you're gettin' a deal?

Also I don't buy things with my credit card here in canada so that don't effect me.

Damnit all....can't even make an account there regardless....i'm not an american. Looks like it's high prices for me.

Last edited:

Gamashinoch

Ok wow...Direct Canada is really cheap.

$478 for all that sans 2gb of the RAM though. 1 per customer.

Son of a!....credit card only.

Last edited:

BALISTX

You can use PayPal with Direct Canada. I have used it plenty of times before. PayPal will allow you to use your bank account. When setting up your PayPal account to use your bank account, they will deposit 2 payments into your account in a few days and then you simply confirm the amounts of each deposit.

pscout

Fallen Folder
duty yes...taxes? It's electronics you don't pay taxes on electronics.

So if our dollar breaks $1 US..say $1.10-1.20 you don't think you're gettin' a deal?

Also I don't buy things with my credit card here in canada so that don't effect me.

Damnit all....can't even make an account there regardless....i'm not an american. Looks like it's high prices for me.

buying from US you get to pay sales taxes (assuming it is from a company that will declare full value).

And if it is shipped by fedex or ups you get to pay > $40 customs brokerage fee + disbursement fee on the payable taxes.

cross border shipping via usps/canada post is reasonable.

I used to buy a lot of my cpu's via ebay but lately it is a lot cheaper from canada direct since i pay no pst, shipping cost is minimal, and their prices are the same or better. I have never found US to have much if any advantage when buying mobo's or memory.

Also, not many high volume/low price companies will even sell or ship to canada.

Last edited:

Gamashinoch

You can use PayPal with Direct Canada. I have used it plenty of times before. PayPal will allow you to use your bank account. When setting up your PayPal account to use your bank account, they will deposit 2 payments into your account in a few days and then you simply confirm the amounts of each deposit.

OH? That's good to know. The wife was an ebay junkie so she already has a paypal account. This is good news thanks BAL.