What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone get an E8400 EO Revision?

Alwaysrun

Grr I'm so pissed. I ordered mine on the 25th of Sept, it came on the 1st. I got a damn dirty CO stepping in a box the dog had for lunch. Ohh well "live and learn" as they say. But I won't ever order another CPU online from NCIX ever never ever again...ever! :dots::censored::angry2: (I'll go directly to the Langley store instead) :haha:

Retro

Grr I'm so pissed. I ordered mine on the 25th of Sept, it came on the 1st. I got a damn dirty CO stepping in a box the dog had for lunch. Ohh well "live and learn" as they say. But I won't ever order another CPU online from NCIX ever never ever again...ever! :dots::censored::angry2: (I'll go directly to the Langley store instead) :haha:
It would have been nice to get an E8400 EO but I can live with the extra cost I paid for the E8600. The one I got from NCIX is not exactly a "golden sample", but it does overclock to 4200 at a much lower vcore than the E8400 CO I had. And the 10x multi is handy. I currently run it at 4200MHz at about 1.3120 volts compared to the 1.4000 volts needed for the E8400 CO to reach that speed. That's Prime stable, I have had it up to 4500MHz but it needs over 1.4000 volts for that and it's not really stable at that speed.
Edit: Now it's doing fine at 4400 MHz in my new DFI LP JR board, still at about 1.4000 volts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter