What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone have wireless bluetooth earbuds they like?

Mr. Friendly

another solution would be to buy a small portable Bluetooth DAC/Amp like the EarSound ES100 and pair that with some really good wired IEM's and your phone. opens up your options in the extreme.

Mr. Friendly

Wires add unwanted sound and powered buds add unwanted weight...ymmv.......cheers to all!
unwanted weight and sound are both potentials...but a lot depends on what you do. for one, the ES100 is not heavy...it's not a DAP. and two, if you buy IEM's with removable cables, you can get a custom length so as to remove potential harmonics. wired IEM's will always provide better sound than wireless. nature of the beast. however, that's not to say Bt IEM's can't sound good...they can, just not as good. ;)

Lysrin

For me, for this particular use case, the point is getting rid of wires. So that is why I am asking about wireless options.

Realise the sound won't be as good, but I'm not looking for amazing sound out of these; only what people might have had positive experience with in the price range I am considering. These won't be my primary listening devices, just for certain specific uses. That is why I was setting my budget in the sub $100 range ideally, realising the limitations that would bring with it.

Mr. Friendly

I'm asking my extreme audiophile friend if he knows of anything...this guy literally has sampled everything I've thrown at him. he's connected. ;)

for clarification though, true wireless or are you okay if they have a wire between them?

well, they suggested the same thing as I did...a portable DAC/Amp with some Chi Fi IEM's with MMCX cable you can swap to a shorter length.

Lysrin

Well, as trivial as it may sound I'd like to be full wireless so if I want to watch something lying down on the sofa or whatever... you know, for after I have finished my extensive workout routine! *ahem* there won't be any cords in the way. I know, a small cord wouldn't be a huge deal but I just didn't want anything snagging or pulling. Otherwise I'd just stick with my normal wired decent earbuds for the job.

Mr. Friendly

well...I recommend you push your budget a bit n grab the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1. then you know you're buying a quality product that is known for it's good sound. not risking disappointment and he hassle of return / RMA.

Mr. Friendly

well, these just came out.

check out the thoughts of a first time adopter

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
well, these just came out.

check out the thoughts of a first time adopter

Interesting Friendly..they look a bit massive but..possibly okay.