What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone have wireless bluetooth earbuds they like?

JD

Staff member
They have to be pushed in. Small driver works well in small volume.
Yeah for sure, just feels deeper than my other normal wired earbuds. Perhaps its just due to them being larger overall with all the extra electronics.

Lysrin

I actually liked the fit of the Google earbuds that came with my Pixel 3 I just bought, so I thought I would check out Google's wireless version of those... $219 CAD. That isn't the price point I want to start my experiment at.

Shadowmeph

I have two different pairs for under 100 cad and I dont care for either both are different brands and both pairs after no more then 1 hr of using them seem to go out of balance meaning the left side I can barely hear compared to the right side at first I thought that it was me or my tablet ( I was only less then 23 feet away at all times when using them) but I have trued them on others things and it also happens on them but if I connect wired none bluetooth they work fine ,. I then thought that maybe it had something to do with the batteries on both pairs but they seem to be fine. If I could confirm that more expensive Bluetooth ear buds wont do this then I would by them but as it is I dont want to have the chance that I am wasting even more money . this happened when I bought my second pair that was on for 40% off ( if I remember correctly)

sswilson

Staff member
I have two different pairs for under 100 cad and I dont care for either both are different brands and both pairs after no more then 1 hr of using them seem to go out of balance meaning the left side I can barely hear compared to the right side at first I thought that it was me or my tablet ( I was only less then 23 feet away at all times when using them) but I have trued them on others things and it also happens on them but if I connect wired none bluetooth they work fine ,. I then thought that maybe it had something to do with the batteries on both pairs but they seem to be fine. If I could confirm that more expensive Bluetooth ear buds wont do this then I would by them but as it is I dont want to have the chance that I am wasting even more money . this happened when I bought my second pair that was on for 40% off ( if I remember correctly)

That seems to be a common complaint for many of the new(er) fully wireless bluetooth devices. I haven't had that issue with either of my "wired" bluetooth ear buds. (Still wireless from the phone, but have a wire connecting the two ear pieces).

If it were up to me.... I'd just keep my eyes open for a decent $100ish sale on name brand buds that have reasonably good reviews.

Shadowmeph

That seems to be a common complaint for many of the new(er) fully wireless bluetooth devices. I haven't had that issue with either of my "wired" bluetooth ear buds. (Still wireless from the phone, but have a wire connecting the two ear pieces).

If it were up to me.... I'd just keep my eyes open for a decent $100ish sale on name brand buds that have reasonably good reviews.
that is probably what I am going to do . also I really hate the stupid flashing light of bluetooth it kept distracting me lol

Bond007

The only wireless (bluetooth) set I have ever had are Plantronics BackBeat FIT. They have changed the looks with newer versions, but mine is like this, except for colour:

Absolutely LOVE them for any running, exercising, etc. They do not fall out or annoy me (doesn't touch my neck in the back either). Reasonable battery life, and the sound (while I am sure isn't audiophile grade) is way better than other similarly priced ones I tried.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I did a lot of research in to this recently, and settled on the Powerbeats Pro; Managed to get them on a Bestbuy sale for ~200 IIRC.

From what I learned the break point is between them and the new Sony wf-1000xm3. If you want water resistance, get the Beats, if you want noise cancelling, get the Sonys. I have Bose QC-25's for noise cancellation while travelling, so I discounted the Sonys as I wanted a workout device. The Jabras are (from my research) a distant third now.

For what its worth, ancedotally, The PB Pros have been amazing for my long distance running, and gym training. Long lasting battery, great sound, great fit, etc etc etc.

supaflyx3

I use a pair of KZ ZS6 IEMs with a TRN BT3 Bluetooth cable. BEST earbuds I've used to date, they sound amazing for the price. You can get the IEMs and the cable for about $60 total on AliExpress. I also have a pair of OnePlus bullet wireless, they don't even compare to my KZs and cost 2x as much

Lysrin

Thanks all. Lots of things for me to consider there. Actually more responses than I expected for that question! (y)

Latest posts