What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone here buy the newer Nokia phones by HMD?

JD

Staff member
They've been pumping out devices pretty rapidly now since moving to the Android One program. There's some access in the USA which we can leverage via B&H, but I don't think there's any official distribution channel here. Most of their phones are for the Asian and European markets which is unfortunate.

North America is basically iPhone or Galaxy. All the more affordable brands/phones don't seem to make it here.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
well, I plan on watching for the 8.1.

bit screen, decent resolution, reasonable amount of RAM and good storage. bonus, first Nokia with type C USB!

though, I may just pawn off my iPhone 8+ on the wife and get the new one with stylus support.

chrisk

Folding Captain
They've been pumping out devices pretty rapidly now since moving to the Android One program. There's some access in the USA which we can leverage via B&H, but I don't think there's any official distribution channel here. Most of their phones are for the Asian and European markets which is unfortunate.

North America is basically iPhone or Galaxy. All the more affordable brands/phones don't seem to make it here.

I think it is because we are in love with our contract phones...contracts not as common elsewhere.

Have to be careful with warranties on imported phones.

The new Nokias look good though.

Latest posts