What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone here play with AMD's StoreMi tech?

Johan45

To be honest, I was impressed with how well it actually worked, StoreMi that is with just adding an M.2 SATA drive to speed up a 5400 RPM spinner which contained the OS. The only bench it struggled with was ASSSD but ATTO, CrystalDisk, passmark and PCMark10 all showed substantial gains using the Tiered drive system. https://www.overclockers.com/amd-ryzen-7-2700-ryzen-5-2600-and-storemi-review/
Enmotus the company behind StoreMi has updated their FuzeDrve software to accommodate Intel platforms as well. We're going to give away five keys at the end of the month.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
what is Intel's version of StorMi?

my SiL's PC has a 120GB SSD and a 500GB HDD and I'd like to use the SSD to cache the HDD as they use a media app that won't let me map storage to the 500GB HDD.
thanks guys!

StoreMI is essentially Enmotus FuzeDrive. You could simply use that.

I've played with Optane. On a new system its OK, on one that's already set up it is certainly not a drop in solution.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
SRT is essentially gone, replaced by Optane. Optane is simply an SRT rebrand with a few minor changes to support different caching hierarchies and interfaces.

Latest posts