What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone hitting refresh to buy new Ryzen today? 3600 3600X 3700X 3800X 3900X?

Bond007

With all the talk/hype/hope, I am curious how many people are actually standing by to pull the trigger today? As far as I am aware, it will all be available and reviews let loose at some point today.

Personally I am very excited for this release, but not ready to buy.

hockeyjon

I’m interested, but I haven’t seen any reviews yet, so I won’t be making a decision until then.

FreeKnight

I'll check the Gamers' Nexus review when they've got it done, but won't consider upgrading until Ice Lake is out. Once it is, I'll look at the performance comparison between AMD and intel and decide. I still lean towards intel for the better emulator performance, but it's certainly not the slam dunk it used to be. If the price delta's big enough I may look at a Ryzen 2 build by the holidays.

Hopefully there's a 2TB Samsung pro for a half decent price by then, but I'm not holding my breath :D

chrisk

Folding Captain
Canada Computers has the 3700x at $450 which is expected. I just picked up a OnePlus 7 to mess with so my tech toy budget is blown for the tome being, but I think it is wise to wait a bit anyways to see how the motherboards shape up and let the early adopters figure out the bugs since I'm on a 3-4 year upgrade PC cycle now.

justmehereajax

I bought the last gen Ryzen 2500u laptop. I haven’t bought any flagship or launch day products since 2012. I am happy with the Ryzen laptop so far.

I am liking amd again. Haven’t bought anything am d since 2008

upcoast604

I was keen on it but then the CAD price popped up and no free games sooo I'll limp through a while yet until it becomes more appealing, it's not like I can't plays games fine now I just thought I'd update but who knows I might be whipping my FX until DDR5 at this rate.

lowfat

Staff member
Has anyone seen any overclocking reviews w/ real water cooling? More than likely I'll be buying a 3700x, Prime X570-Pro, and 64GB DDR4 3600 after my vacation. I'd really rather not do liquid cooling if at all possible. So if they don't scale well with water, I'd stick w/ air.

upcoast604

Has anyone seen any overclocking reviews w/ real water cooling? More than likely I'll be buying a 3700x, Prime X570-Pro, and 64GB DDR4 3600 after my vacation. I'd really rather not do liquid cooling if at all possible. So if they don't scale well with water, I'd stick w/ air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDVUdpcKZMA

23:40 ^, plus sadly he killed his 3900x.

geokilla

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter