What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone know much about the new Barrow block / pump / mini-res combo unit?

Pepe68

Based on that...

You'd plug (4) into the motherboard's power switch spot (6) and your case power switch into (5). Then it sounds like it will power off your computer if the pump stops working.

(3) can go into your CPU header or AIO pump header, doesn't really matter, it's only used for the PWM signal. The power for the pump comes over the traditional 4pin molex. The AIO header on your motherboard likely just allows higher amperage for when you're actually powering the pump off it.
Thank you Sir!

SHP

It should come with a dial to change the pump speed like the one in the picture below.

Attachments

• BARROWCH-PUMP.JPG
    BARROWCH-PUMP.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 3

Pepe68

It should come with a dial to change the pump speed like the one in the picture below.
Yes, I read that as well. So you can set it manually or use the MB with PWM if it supports it. But looking at someone the vendors and description of the content of the box, I didn't see the controller listed...

This CPU cooler & res combo will work nicely with a single 240 rad...or 2 x 120 & GPU block (low heat card) but with a bit more info from a few other threads in other blogs and a lengthy email discussion I had with a well known brand in the pc cooling industrie's technical support...he mentions that it would work with 2 x 240s & GPU Block but he fears the pump will struggle and with an i9900k OC, I would be capped on performance at some point and be disappointed with the end result which may just now perform well for long periods of time.

A bit further in our discussion, he pointed out that this component would be best on Stock CPU settings, 240 rad or 2 x 120 & GPU block and a good case exhaust, especially in a SFF.

So I decided to go another route...IceMan Cooler (on its way), Swiftech MCP35x if I can find one. Spoke to Swiftech yesterday and they are still waiting for their orders to come in...they have no clue when... If I can find one new or used will take that as mybforst pick. If not I will opt for EK-DDC 3.25 (Xylem DDC-3.25TPPWM4) or Laing DDC 3.2 PWM 18W...which ever one I can get when I pull the trigger for a bunch or parts I'm getting.

A few threads say, they are all the same pumps, they just have different tops or none at all...

Thanks to all that contributed to this thread!!

Cheers!

Entz

The iceman is really neat if it works on your case and you get a decent sized res to boot which is a downside with the barrow.

Pepe68

The iceman is really neat if it works on your case and you get a decent sized res to boot which is a downside with the barrow.
I just got my Ncase M1 v6.1 in January and transfered my pc into it. It's currently running with a ML120L. But trays coming to an end sometime in the month or so...just waiting for all the parts to come in.