What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Horizon: Zero Dawn & Forbidden West

Lysrin

Question about this as I am still not very far (distracted again, by X4 this time): I have the complete edition or whatever that includes Forbidden West. Does the game story go from HZD to Forbidden West seamlessly, or is the latter accessed separately somehow?

lowfat

Staff member
Question about this as I am still not very far (distracted again, by X4 this time): I have the complete edition or whatever that includes Forbidden West. Does the game story go from HZD to Forbidden West seamlessly, or is the latter accessed separately somehow?
Horbidden West is the 2nd game, only out on Playstation currently.

Frozen Wilds is the DLC for New Dawn. You can go there any time AFAIK. But be aware it is hard. Like by far the hardest part of the game.

Lysrin

Horbidden West is the 2nd game, only out on Playstation currently.

Frozen Wilds is the DLC for New Dawn. You can go there any time AFAIK. But be aware it is hard. Like by far the hardest part of the game.
Ah okay! I'm confusing Forbidden West with Frozen Wilds then. I'm only on PC. Thanks!

LaughingCrow

Ah okay! I'm confusing Forbidden West with Frozen Wilds then. I'm only on PC. Thanks!
To sum up - Horizon Zero Dawn was released on the PS4 in 2017. Frozen Wilds was the HZD DLC released late 2017.

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition released for the PC 2020.

Horizon Forbidden West came out for both the PS4 and PS5 early 2022.

There's a Playstation VR2 only spin off, Horizon Call of the Mountain out soon.

Then there's a Horizon Forbidden West DLC - Burning Shores that will be only on the PS5 & not PS4.

No idea when they will port Forbidden West to the PC.

Supposedly a Netflix series is in the works as well.

lowfat

Staff member
The DLC is HARD on Ultra Hard w/ New Game+. Like really hard. The rest of the game seemed like a joke so far. But damn so many enemies can 2 hit kill me. And a lot of the time many enemies at the same time so you can't even take the 2s to do a full draw on your bow. I feel like my pinkey finger is going to get stronger from hitting the 'roll' button so damn often.

lowfat

Staff member
Makes me happy when you do a quest out of order and the dialogue changes. Expecially w/ a DLC. I did the DLC before all the main story this time and some dialogue for the main story changed. Love attention to detail like that. Especially since it requires them to get a voice actor to come back and do a couple lines over.

Last edited:

Lysrin

That isn't common I don't think, not even these days. More often you get a piece of dialog and you go "Whaaa...?!" :)

lowfat

Staff member
Finished again. May be one of the most polished games I've ever played. Only encountered a couple bugs AFAIK, and it is stupid stuff like your hair blowing upward when in the elevator. I really hope I don't have to wait 2 years for the next game to make it to PC.

Herter

I have just bought it. And i think i will try to play it when i have more time

Latest posts