What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anyone seen this before?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Built 2 workstations, identical. Foxconn AM2+ mobo and ATI 4380 vid for dual monitors. The problem is the system wont post with both monitors plugged in. Unplug any cable (the one with or without the dvi adapter doesn't matter which one) and it beeps and boots.

Anyone seen this?

martin_metal_88

There is a post like that in the troubleshooting section I haven't really search for it now but take a look and try to find it. IMO it`s probably a PSU failure but this is only opinion.

Ask for more.

Dwayne

Can you swap the PSUs between boxes? My fear on part swaps is that something maybe took down the one PSU and will take the other down, but as they are new builds the case is probably PSU related as you say.

JD

Staff member
It's possible the GPU is faulty too since I'm assuming one PC works perfect and the other doesn't?

Eagle Eye

I had a similiar problem with my original GTX280 the system would boot but would BSOD at the windows startup, turned out to be a faulty card.

EE

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Built 2 workstations, identical. Foxconn AM2+ mobo and ATI 4380 vid for dual monitors. The problem is the system wont post with both monitors plugged in. Unplug any cable (the one with or without the dvi adapter doesn't matter which one) and it beeps and boots.

Anyone seen this?

Id swap the gfx cards as mentioned above. Sounds like a dud.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm having this problem on both systems.

Latest posts