What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone use Grizzly thermal compound paste?

Soultribunal

Staff member
I don't think I would ever risk using the liquid metal stuff for the sake of a few degrees.
The IC24 I used, and AC's MX Series have always been more than sufficient (though I do still have some GElid as well from one of their CPU Coolers). And, to this date, I haven't had any problem using 10 year old paste , the caps were always put on tight, and it spread and worked as it should.

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... IIRC my complaint about the IC24 stuff was that it was fairly abrasive and wore off the writing on the CPU to the point where it looked like I'd lapped the processor. :)

ipaine

And here I have sitting right next to me my bag of thermal paste.
Noctua NT-H1 x6
Cooler Master no-name x3
Cooler Master Master Gel x1
Arctic Silver 5 x3
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut x1

Used the thermal grizzly on my main machine and have been using the AS5 on a test bench since I have been testing a couple cpu's and mobo's so as long as it is not overheating I'm fine with it. I'm thinking next one that matters I'll use the NT-H1.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I got some that crazy thermal Grizzly from the UK

Performance this ended up costing me nearly $189 😱

Attachments

• 1614899203535.png
    1614899203535.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 1614899244120.png
    1614899244120.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 7

Shadowarez

Folding Team
thought it was bubblegum >< but its keeping my 7980xe after a liquid metal under ihs nice and cool, i put the ihs back on but now my direct die has arrived time to ditch this, ill use it if im building a system offer it as a special, or the regular stuff.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Finally got a order through for the conformal coating nail polish that amazon can't ship up here. Another $200 order but got some really nice cooling products inc Carbonite pads and 3 tubes of liquid metal.

Latest posts

Twitter