What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone use peerblock

Shadowmeph

I used to use this program allot years ago so today I fired it updated it and rebooted my pc and it is showing allot of blocks and this was right after a fresh reboot no browsing only thing running at the time was peer block I am wondering if anyone else noticed this
51.79.18.214 UK government department of work and pensions
35.236.104.49 MERIT COMPUTER Network
58.192.11.98 CHina education and research Network
128.106.238.144 SRI international
185.21.216.171 Detected AP2P on feral hosting
there are afew more from Russia .
those have been repeated blocks
I am wondering what is talking to this places this is on my windows 8.1 PC I have and as far as I know after different scans over the past few days no malware detected or anything malicious

KaptCrunch

Same 15 years ago. Some of those IP

I thinking cloud for fraudulent usages my be tied to monitoring

JD

Staff member
I don't think it's developed anymore? Are the lists even maintained?

With IPv4 "exhausted", a lot of IP's and ranges have been reused for other purposes. They might be mislabelled or on blacklists when they should no longer be.

Just as an example, you have "51.79.18.214 UK government department of work and pensions", not sure where you got that from as if you do a quick Google search, that block is owned by OVH now.

enaberif

The second you put any computer onto a public network you will be hammered by these types of requests all day long. They mean jack shit.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter