What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone use their iPad as an external monitor or digital pad?

Mr. Friendly

I have been wanting to do that for so long...be able to draw concepts in my head and be able to erase stuff quickly when I make a mistake. can't do that on paper...or with a mouse. LoL!

Entz

I have used mine for RDP in a pinch (VPN to home ftw). It is definitely awkward though. As a static monitor it may work.

I have considered an Apple pencil but the screen is a bit small for tastes (9.7").

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Interesting idea if ab tablet could be used as an extra monitor without lag issues. Don't think a remote desktop -type SW would work too well.
The only similar thing I've tried is Roccat software to give games like ED more buttons, so it is technically an additional input, but nothing life a drawing tablet screen.

justmehereajax

I have the 6th gen iPad 32gb with 1st gen pencil. Never really bothered using it. I will try it one day.lol (bought it 2018 fall) I want to try procreate.

I also have the DuetDisplay app for $11USD .. laggy and hard to use as a second display because of the pixel density and resolution differs too much from a normal 15.6 inch 1080p laptop monitor Check my sig.

The iPad is a quality screen but glancing back and forth between hurts my eyes. I only use it when I definitely need two monitors while mobile. I try to not use it. Yes i try not to.

I had to bring in a second monitor to use dual display with when I lived in Dorm. I had my 23 inch acer monitor and 15.6 laptop monitor and that faired well.

Mr. Friendly

well, it's supposed to be nice as a digitizer, which is the word I couldn't think of when I put down 'digital pad'.

I could see it also being nice as a touch screen with some sort of short cuts for daily use n jazz.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
well, it's supposed to be nice as a digitizer, which is the word I couldn't think of when I put down 'digital pad'.

I could see it also being nice as a touch screen with some sort of short cuts for daily use n jazz.

I'd suggest just getting a touchscreen then... Ive always liked them, just have to figure out which variant is right for your needs.