What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

anyone with Fido getting disconnect / no service warnings from their phone?

Mr. Friendly

mine's been doing it on and off all afternoon, but was buzzing at me with a notification ever few minutes for the last half hour or so.

Izerous

Folding Team
I used to have about once a month hours of no service for years while on Fido. Yet to have 1 visible interuption on Shaw yet.

Cannon Fodder

I can only recall disconnect issues 2x...and that's only since we moved into this place a year ago.

You STILL having issues with this?

I'm on Chatr (so, the Rogers network, as well), and other than the occasional missing text, the only similar issue was several months ago, when the entire Rogers network was having problems. MAYBE your issue is/was localized..... :unsure:

Mr. Friendly

I spoke to soon... :( My phone is going crazy again and giving me an alert ever couple of minutes. has been doing it for about 30 minutes or so now. :p

I have 3G phone service but the warning says 'temporarily no data service with the provider you are connected to'.

Cannon Fodder

I spoke to soon... :( My phone is going crazy again and giving me an alert ever couple of minutes. has been doing it for about 30 minutes or so now. :p

I have 3G phone service but the warning says 'temporarily no data service with the provider you are connected to'.

I leave data turned off, and only turn it on when needed, but just out of curiosity, I'll turn it on and see if I get anything similar happenin'.....

Aaaaaand, quite a while later, and there's been no similar issue(s), so yeah, I expect it's as @Sagath suggested below(local tower, or SIM). Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm with Fido too, no issues over the past couple days at home, at work, or around the city. Does it do it when you leave the local area, and hit another tower? I think that might help identify if it is either a local tower problem, or device/sim as @JD suggests.

Mr. Friendly

well, eventually I called Fido support and the CSR transferred me to someone at Rogers who was not a technician and when he went to transfer me to Fido technical support saw a long queue of over an hour wait, with no queue's on any of the other lines, which he said indicated there was an issue somewhere.

my phone is connected now, so it wasn't an oxidized SIM.

I even jumped it between my new Velvet 5G and my old Samsung A5 (2017) to see if it was a phone problem, but it wouldn't connect either.

Latest posts

Twitter