What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Anything to justify the high price of some cases?

nasrott

Have owned lots of cases some very expensive lian-li's (still have all of them), cheap cases and all the most popular $200 range cases.

Now after real estate am running a reworked u2-ufo for the room.

As far as looks it is important to some of us, material matters, the cooling your using also influences what ya need. Hobbyist build and mod pretty well any and everything on some cases. Just depends on what your into and what you can afford. Allot of times it has nothing to do what what ya need to get by, should say most of the time. The more ya know the more ya spend.

Really it depends on what u think is ok, cost usually doesn't matter. The level 10 case us said you understand is a $700 case. A friend has this case and has to externally mount his rad. Usually the bigger it is, the more you spend installing the toys. My fans were as much as most people's case's... My case used was the least expensive part in my system. What I added after cost 3 times the case cost.

As others have mentioned once do your other system parts the case is a givin to replace if your not already in a hi-end case to start with. Been jamming all of my watercooling into case's for a long time now. Even with an 18 x 18 x 18 cube am full in this system already and am only running one vid compared to others running up to 4 hi-end watercooled vids...

Slik

Have owned lots of cases some very expensive lian-li's (still have all of them), cheap cases and all the most popular $200 range cases.

Now after real estate am running a reworked u2-ufo for the room.

As far as looks it is important to some of us, material matters, the cooling your using also influences what ya need. Hobbyist build and mod pretty well any and everything on some cases. Just depends on what your into and what you can afford. Allot of times it has nothing to do what what ya need to get by, should say most of the time. The more ya know the more ya spend.

Really it depends on what u think is ok, cost usually doesn't matter. The level 10 case us said you understand is a $700 case. A friend has this case and has to externally mount his rad. Usually the bigger it is, the more you spend installing the toys. My fans were as much as most people's case's... My case used was the least expensive part in my system. What I added after cost 3 times the case cost.

As others have mentioned once do your other system parts the case is a givin to replace if your not already in a hi-end case to start with. Been jamming all of my watercooling into case's for a long time now. Even with an 18 x 18 x 18 cube am full in this system already and am only running one vid compared to others running up to 4 hi-end watercooled vids...
The Level 10 does not need an external rad,or anything else,for that matter. I have the Antec 920 cpu cooler that exhausts out the rear,and one 140mm front intake fan. That's it! No other cooling addons,mods etc. That case runs SUPER cool. I own it,and I STILL can't believe how cool and quiet everything is. I also doubt you'll find one for $700 in Canada.

nasrott

He's running a quad rad, even a triple wont fit in it or so I am told and yes it was 700 usd not cad. He's running 2 vid block plus cpu and chipset I believe. His sounds like a tornado's also in ts, but he has everything maxed out on the o/c'd vid and cpu's.

He loves the case though. Me I have a triple and a double rad inside my case.

GT's are a newer cheaper version of the level10 and 1/3 the price.

Last edited:

Slik

costs 200 euros in france :biggrin:

I agree it's not that expensive for such an alien looking thing

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition - VN10006W2N (VN10006W2N) : achat / vente Boîtier PC sur ldlc.com

at least this thing is different,so it's cool...

Edit: oops i didn't see your's is a limited edition,they are pretty similar to the Level 10 GT right?
Not really. The Level 10 [non GT] weighs in at about 70 pounds,and has seperate compartments for the mobo,power supply,hard drives etc. That contributes to the excellent cooling. They look similar in design,but once you see them side by side,the difference is HUGE.

Slik

He's running a quad rad, even a triple wont fit in it or so I am told and yes it was 700 usd not cad.

GT's are a newer cheaper version of the level10 and 1/3 the price.
The Level 10,and Level 10GT are two different animals. You are right about a triple rad not fitting. My cooler has a 120mm rad in a push pull configuration. Not only does it cool the CPU,but it exhausts hot air out the rear of the case. The Level 10 is truly a remarkable case.

clg

but 300$ cases are overpriced for stuff you don't really need,that's the point :whistle: it sucks to pay extra 200$ for a better look right?

Which is why he's saying you're not an enthusiasts who values or cares to invest for the best. You're very likely still a computer enthusiast, you just don't care as much about certain aspects of the build.

I'm a watch guru, I have two pieces who's cost each on their own could build a x79/gtx690 system. The kicker being, a quartz timex will keep more accurate time. I have them because of what they are, the history behind them and their quality. Cars, clothes, computers are no different in that there is likely always a cheaper alternative, but that most certainly does not mean those more refined items do not have a place.

bliz

Ah ok i didn't know the exact definition of enthousiast,now i know it:haha:

clg

Can't tell if srs or being sarcastic and dismissive :blarg:

Latest posts