What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Aorus z390 pro wifi BSOD

queenofparts

So ive been getting random BSOD atidag is the error. when playing battlefield V. AND when i say random i mean once a week, gradually went south with frequency.
reinstalled windows no more bsod.
tried rendering with power director pro (cpu rendering only) one out of 20 videos finish the other 19 same BSOD ati dag.
tested 3 video cards being atidag i figure its video card. NOPE same error.
install need for speed 4 BSOD install world war z BSOD EVERY TIME.
TEST 4 DIFFERENT MEMORY STICK same result. reinstalled windows again , same result,
swapped m.2 ssds and reinstalled ... same result.
any ideas

SGardiner

Power supply?

So ive been getting random BSOD atidag is the error. when playing battlefield V. AND when i say random i mean once a week, gradually went south with frequency.
reinstalled windows no more bsod.
tried rendering with power director pro (cpu rendering only) one out of 20 videos finish the other 19 same BSOD ati dag.
tested 3 video cards being atidag i figure its video card. NOPE same error.
install need for speed 4 BSOD install world war z BSOD EVERY TIME.
TEST 4 DIFFERENT MEMORY STICK same result. reinstalled windows again , same result,
swapped m.2 ssds and reinstalled ... same result.
any ideas

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Power supply?

Agree, this is the next logical step. You've replaced everything else that is easy to replace. If you're overclocked, I would remove that for testing as well.

If its not that, its a major component, mobo or CPU :sad:

FreeKnight

If it's not a component I'd suspect you've got a BIOS/OC issue.

In your Bios you should have a 'return to defaults' option or something like that. I'd give that a try and see if you're still having issues. If you've gotten no issues in a week, try enabling XMP next and then tweaking timings and OC if XMP is stable for a week.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
If it's not a component I'd suspect you've got a BIOS/OC issue.

In your Bios you should have a 'return to defaults' option or something like that. I'd give that a try and see if you're still having issues. If you've gotten no issues in a week, try enabling XMP next and then tweaking timings and OC if XMP is stable for a week.

I keep forgetting how bad RAM is with current generations of processors. If OP has a Ryzen, it could be all kinds of issues.

FreeKnight

I keep forgetting how bad RAM is with current generations of processors. If OP has a Ryzen, it could be all kinds of issues.

Yep, tbh even with intel there's always a good chance RAM or timings could be the cause of seemingly random crashes.

sswilson

Staff member
The only other thing I can think of is to ensure that you're not loading up any third party programs in the background that may be interfacing with the graphics card/drivers. (including monitoring software).

queenofparts

yes flashed bios in case so recenly got my hands an gigabyte z370 gaming 5 swapped all parts no issue
didnt even reinstal windows lol

queenofparts

SOOOO.... fast forward to today and gigabyte now has this board in their possession for nearly 15 days and cannot reproduce the BSOD however they have tested it with a free ware program simular to
power director pro that does not reproduce the BSOD SO GOOD FOR THEM. then i have a phone call from them and at the end of the conversation he says theres scrates on the motherboard and they
send me a grainy picture you cannot tell what it is your looking at which proves nothing really other then they possibly damaged the board? hour passes another apparent manager calls and we go
through it all over again for almost an hour so he ends up saying ill look into it and let you know tomorrow CLICK!
not sure whats happening here maybe everyone down there tired from their long weekend? idk but im seriously considering dumping all my gigabyte gear due to this experience as they clearly do not value customers.

Latest posts