What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Apple A14 & M1 Compared

JD

Staff member
Ah, okay, should be more clear. What's going to happen to Intel Mac when apps are more or less ARM based and lack X86_64 code base or even when they want to use an app that's ARM only? Sounds like we are pretty much screwed.
Same as PowerPC Mac's, they'll slowly die out. App developers will phase out x86_64 support and people will be "forced" to upgrade to a new machine.

I surely wouldn't suggest anyone to buy an Intel Mac anymore, it looks like the days are numbered.

Bond007

Apparently Apple have said their own processors in everything within 2 year. Supposedly already readying 32 cores and testing up to 128. Obviously I don’t trust the verge, but it’s all over the place...this one just came up first. EDIT: I left the link, but I posted what I consider a more realistic one as well.

EDIT: this more recent article says 32 cores at the end of 2021 and working on 64 cores. Much more realistic I think.

Last edited: