What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Applying 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Film

NSdeadly1

There are also some aftermarket companies that offer pre-made covers for vehicle interiors. It might save you a few $$ and a few headaches as well.

G

Or you could have a local shop do. IIRC Bling here in penticton has done it for one of the young framers car a few years ago, there has to be a local shop closer. At the least they could probably point you to someone in Vernon.

kyle_L

cutting small holes in the film can be a problem, like with the iphone, but if you are cutting a hole out like in a fan grill or modders mesh you can cut a clean hole that is 1/8th inch in diameter. if anyone want to try using a piece of this in canada i have small pieces i can mail out so you can see how it works.

Mnpctech

for the dash trim, as shown you want to apply 3M Super 77 adhesive Spray, otherwise the di-noc may peel away from those tight corners and crevices. There is several guides and tutorials on YouTube by people who do automotive applications of the 3M di-noc that will give you direction, search results :thumb:

apply 3m di-noc adhesive spray - YouTube

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Or you could have a local shop do. IIRC Bling here in penticton has done it for one of the young framers car a few years ago, there has to be a local shop closer. At the least they could probably point you to someone in Vernon.

I should pay you to do it, that keyboard looks incredible. I take it you popped out all the keys, then applied the di-noc and then cut out the holes? I'm going to get a piece from kyle and try it. Without the adhesive first, see if my xacto skills are up to the chore.