What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Arctic Silver 5 and mx-2

soambiatch

Hello, would a mixture of Arctic Silver 5 and MX-2 have any performance on cooling ? I know the quistion sounds nutz ,but ,just wondering if anyone has ever mixed thermal compound with two different brands ,for example ( Arctic Silver 5 and MX-2 ),and had any good or bad experiences with mixing thermal compound ?
Thanks ,

_dangtx_

Banned
not knowing what the chemically active? perhaps result would be? i wouldnt intentionally try it

Delavan

MX-2 is non-conductive, AS5 is...Your pick.

You can find reviews on multiple thermal compounds, the conclusion is: They mostly end up being the same performance wize. OK OK fluctuation of a few degrees that's it. Shin Etsu is apparently great. HWC sells some diamond-based stuff I think, must be good stuff.

Some are thicker than others, some are conductive some are not.
I doubt you'll come up with a better recipe than what's out there.

I like MX2 myself. Spreads easy, no curing time, doesn't conduct electricity...

enaberif

Shin Etsu is next to impossible to ever get.

The ic7 stuff isn't really popular due to its consistency when being applied.

I like MX-2 but have yet to try MX-3

dustin1706

I have been using AS5 in the past, but I have come to prefer MX-2 due to it being thinner. I always buy the 30g tubes

SugarJ

Staff member
I'm on my second tube of MX-3. It picked up a degree or 2 on the MX-2, same workability as far as I remember. It's good stuff.

Latest posts

Twitter